Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The future of Dead End.

Zombies, The End of the World, and A Very Good Man
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: The future of Dead End.

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Good, so people haven't figured out everything yet... :)

Some of those are close, but some aren't. Whew. Good.I'd hate to have the whole thing come out before the books did!

TAPalmer
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby TAPalmer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Can anyone guess who Amy is?
My first thought was Sara, although Darma seems to match up now that Marcia mentioned it.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Hmm, maybe. I think the Dharma thing might be connected because of the common suicide theme.

I don't really have a guess, I suck at guessing the direction of Dale's work. I think he is just too close to it, as it's all in his head. It's not that easy to work out, nor as obvious as he believes.

Either that or I'm a dunce, you decide...

LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:30 am

WHEW well that was a trip. I have been reading these books for a while now, dead end was my second series of his I read, ever since builder I've been hooked. I have seen bits and pieces of theses clues because a lot of these characters feels familiar to me. I probably missed a lot due to the sheer amount I read, probably fifteen to twenty books a month. I feel a little slow for not catching this sooner but I did almost immediately catch the infected regent reference in the end, I even caught the marCia tipper one. I could be wrong but i see a lot of ssimilarities between the Zacks and jake, even tor a little but I feel im off there, trying to piece all this together is making my head hurt though so i feel kinda dense and will probably have to reread (and pick up some that i havent read yet, like greaspaint and josh and amy, possibly the horror one i saw too) all and try and figure it out. I'm now extremly excited for these next books, not that I wasn't already, I check amazon almost daily to make sure I haven't missed a new book somehow. Great work, thank you for the stories, and the geat since of humor that feels so familiar, I hope there are no alternate me locked in a basement for my awesome sense of humor, although if that position is open I take bribes in cheezeits and possibly someone who actually sees me as more than a friend? Hmm if it hasn't happens so far it probably won't now ;) sigh oh put upon sigh, seriously that great books as a whole I rank them in my favorites along with the wheel of time, the death gate cycle, battlefield earth, and Leeland artra's books. Also just surpassed the drizzt books. :)

You can't always choose who you let into your life, but you can choose which window to throw them out of! Duke
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Lord of the Nexus...

Is that... You, Big Shadow?

:)

LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Oooops..... slowly fades away

You can't always choose who you let into your life, but you can choose which window to throw them out of! Duke
LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:47 am

So many more clues and ideas now for the alternates, and I didn't even have to cheat by looking into different time steams! Well maybe a little but they're really no help over there, it's like they expect me to already know. Stupid me hiding things from me

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 am

Well, I believe that Zack, Jake, and Tor are the same alternate universe person. I wouldn't have guessed "Mickey, from Team One? The guy that never misses? Sure Shot? " to be Jake, but that was a nice gimme, Thanks Dale! :D

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 am

And Alice Orange is Tipper, Marcia... and maybe Lenore Hawthorn (vampire from Other Places)?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Alice is easy to get.

Tor isn't Jake, or Zack. It's really easy to see who Tor is however, if you look at similar things having happened to the characters. (They match up, a lot.) For instance, and this one is really obvious... Tor had a another person, living in his head. Who else does? Who;s arcs kind of match his?

The hard ones are people like Sara Debri. Or Trice. Timon should be really obvious however. He practically has the same name. I mean, golly, what do you want as for clues? Tiera is actually harder, because it's a lot less obvious by description. They look a lot alike however, when described.

Lenore/Claire/Amy: They were all based on the same (living and real) person. That and Kolb are the only characters that really were. Everyone else is make-believe, Or, you know, stuff I picked up from alternate realities, which is probably closer to the truth. Not that it matters. Infinite means that it all exists. ALL of it.

So, in that way, nothing is truly fiction.

Of course that means you should all pay attention to the enemy in this, since it's a direct threat to all of us, if that's the case...

(No, not clowns. Not this time. They're coming though. They're coming.)

I should be finishing the Sara book today or tomorrow. I'm also ten thousand words into the new Proxy novel, which is of course, going off the rails! (I wrote twenty thousand words yesterday and am going to try for that today as well. I'm working on that as the new norm, we'll see if it happens. If so I'm gonna need a pen name or two!)

Return to “Dead End”