Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Dead End: Reboot!

Zombies, The End of the World, and A Very Good Man
MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Dead End: Reboot!

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 pm

sent an email!!!! :D :D :D

NickD
Early Reader

Unread postby NickD » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I want matchstick man, even though I cant remember if he makes it.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am

Hey! I've only gotten one email about the new stories. It wasn't from Marcia. So if anyone sent one and isn't named Tom, you might want to try again.

I'll try to look into the whole thing and see what's up with that.

Thanks everyone!

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:54 am

Okay, so I'm reading dead end and...one question I always have is why those Zombies don't kill off each other. And why they don't rot within weeks or at least months exposed to the elements as they are...
Because 1) if they only go after living flesh they'd rot completely or 2) if they still are kind of alive they should be going after each other, too...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:28 pm

It's the nature of the nano process that animates their bodies. They're partially preserved and in the right conditions will last a very long time. They don't heal however, so when they take damage they fall apart.

Part of their flesh rots, but more slowly than it would if it were a regular person. (Because the nano complex in their system partially out competes the natural bacteria that would cause true rotting.)

The bigger question is why can they still move in the deep freeze of winter, when their flesh is clearly hardened?

That has to do with how they actually move, which isn't due to muscular contractions...

:) But the answer is science magic. Naturally.

Oh, I forgot: Why do they only go after regular living people? Well, clearly they can become confused, but if the nanos interact with another infected person they back off. This can be through air born or regular means. When there are humans around it becomes more confusing for them, so they may attack (say a downed zombie?) which they wouldn't do if there were no tasty people around to add scents to the air.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:52 am

The new book will be a great addition to the series! Jake..... my thoughts are floating from one story to the next and just not sure..... brain teaser! Not giving away spoilers by saying more tho.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:55 pm

I've read this series multiple times and each time through I get more out of the books. Or maybe I am getting senile. Still, I wish Jake had taken the longevity treatments just because the world will always need a Very Good Man who can still drop the hammer. you know, in case they get attacked by hyperaggresive, expansion-minded aliens. Hey, that can be the second series. Jake comes out of quiet retirement to lead the resistance.

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 am

XD You need to read the stories collection!

Spoiler:
He apparently does take it - and in the end he'll go and disappear to a different world.

((Personally I'm rooting for him being Cavendish lol))

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Dead End”