Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Great series

Zombies, The End of the World, and A Very Good Man
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
twips182
Voracious Reader

Great series

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 am

Sorry couldn't leave the Dead End forum without a post. This is my second favorite series after YA. My friends and I probably talk about Jake more then any other character. I would have loved to see this series run about 2 more books with them coming in around the book 2 time frame. Also would have liked to have seen a book or two with other characters from the story filling in the times when Jake was gone from the house. I have read this series several times and I'm sure I will read it again.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Hyruler
Early Reader

Re: Great series

Unread postby Hyruler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm with you on this one, I've reread this series maybe three or four times.
And I'll more than likely read them again!

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks Hyruler! I have tried to think of way that would cause Dale to write more in this series but have had no luck :cry: I would really like to see a Dave or Carly book but I know it's not going to happen. Not Dale's fault he ended it on a good note. Another plus for him that you don't see in many authors is that I asked him about 8 questions regarding the books on the old forums and he answered them in about a day. So I really can't complain. :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Hyruler
Early Reader

Unread postby Hyruler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 pm

I think if he'd gone back to open someone else's story, it would spin out pretty fast with the rebuilding would never truely end. By jumping past all those years he was able to give us an ending without killing the story line.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 pm

This series was my first experience to a P.S. Power book...

Was enjoying all of the zombie action when it all twisted and went sideways!
Kind of thought the author had lost his mind at first, but seeing similarities in other series (The Lament - Pran's psychosis) since then.
It adds an unexpected twist that seems to come out of left field. Never able to predict what is going to happen next either.

Actually thought that "The Walking Dead" was copying these books when they first started that series! Hah! :)

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I try not to do pre-quals.

Let me think about it?

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:12 am

Awesome! Small hope is better then no hope :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Dead End”