Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Ijime

Ijime (The Bullies): A Novel, is a book that deals with hard questions, and provides both some possible answers and food for thought. This must read work is destined to become a classic for a new world.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Ijime

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:40 am

Some merit to this hypothesis, additionally, I'm not sure everyone gets that the story lines move along with the other characters as well as with the main character/characters, as shown by Red's reading schedule (see YA/hated). You can easily miss too many plot points if you don't read in chronological order. Favorite character be damned, Ya gotta read 'em all.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Hence working on new projects in different styles.

Still, if people can't give the new works a chance, even with attempts to make them better and more interesting, I can let it go. Plenty of new things to work on, right?

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Yea I hate things are this way, I loved the Prime book and would rated it 5 stars if I wasn't too lazy to make a review, just it wasn't even half as good as the 2 Proxy books which is what it is getting compared to without any fault of your own.

But you are not the only author with this issue, all of the comic book style series are just like this and have the same mixed reviews because of the different character viewpoints. People just too lazy to get fully immersed into a good comic book story.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Was wondering about having your books posted on Amazon for a period before release date, so that your fans know in advance when the book is coming out.

I know many of the more famous authors with publishers are able to do that. Is it something that any author can do? If you can, maybe that would increase your initial sales figures as your fans would be more aware of when books are coming out.

Just a thought... :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Nope. That is, for now, a special perk that only the Big Five and a few "special" authors get to enjoy.

I could, if I knew how, do a big push, in the days before a book comes out, but honestly, I have no clue as to how that works.

Really, I should set up a mailing list and let people know personally each time something is coming, but how to do that is beyond me, for the time being. (Yes, I get that sixth graders can do it. Drat them and their superior technological knowledge!)

:)

*Ijime is with the first editor right now. I like it. It's very different however, and literary in style. Still, I'll let you all know when that's going up? The name on the cover is Dan Abe. Because, why not?

**This book took years of painstaking labor for every syllable committed to the page. Tens of thousands of hours were lovingly poured into every letter. It's the work of a lifetime. Maybe two.

:)

Adam
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Adam » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:43 am

lol what the infected sires is his best written one he has since he had quite a few books done when he started it and had learned alot from his other works. Every book in that sires is as good as goddess of the moon. the real reason you don't like it as much is because the point of view switches to much for you. This project wheather it ends badly or not will deffenatly lead to dale learning loads about how to set up a character so that the reader gets sucked into the book and goes holy shit wtf whare am i waht happend 8 hours later lol. Personaly i think he is alrady there. The only time i stop reading his books is when i need to eat or go to the bath room.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Ijime is read for editing and first readers! It's listed up top, but the point is that if you want in, you can do that by sending me an e-mail at power_dale@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you.

Dale

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Really enjoyed Ijime. the Otaku inside me came out in this one! Hope to see more from the literary side as well, very interesting hitting real topics that are hot topics that our world fails to ever address.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm

This book is selling about four times faster than I thought it would! Yay!

It may still pick up too. Some things do.

lenoirdenantes
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lenoirdenantes » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 am

As the author you have the right to determine when and what you publish. On the same line, I still want my fix! I see that you have put your books on a dot com for $0.00. Maybe new readers?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Dan Abe - Ijime (The Bullies)”