Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

New Pen Names Coming for the Combined Universe!

These are books and series that are written by P.S. Power under other Pen Names. Feel free to take a spin into the different genres that are being presented under the various pseudonyms.
PS Power
Site Admin

New Pen Names Coming for the Combined Universe!

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 pm

The breakdown on the current plan:

1. P.S. Power: This will be the books you know and (hopefully) love. I'll have five to ten more books under that name, then stop, so that it is a complete arc of 80-odd books.

2. Phil Power: This will be the NEW name for the combined (current) universe stories. Any new books in those universes will be under that name, so that no one gets too confused. This might mean some name changes for individual story worlds. For instance, the current Gwen Farris is the last one. (She's getting married and changing her name... Also, it's the last story planned with her as the main character for now.) But any new books in that world, or any of the others, would be under the new, but similar, pen name.

3. Phillip S. Power: This will be the new novels and novel worlds. They won't be combined like the old ones were. More stand alone, but also new Universes with strong lead characters.

This will be the main body of work that way.

Is that too confusing, do you think? Let me know if it is, so I can come up with something else.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: New Pen Names Coming for the Combined Universe!

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 pm

I don't think its confusing at all. But I'm not sure why you would want to re-brand the current arc? P. S. Power is really strong and well known. Personally I would keep it to complete this arc. After that, any new material would properly be under a new moniker, anyone you choose. Phillip S. For the serious stuff and Phil for experimental? Or light hearted stuff, maybe? I know you've put much thought into this. I want to see more of your work. It can be under any name; I'll still read it!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
DAAgnew
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby DAAgnew » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Not as much confusing as, well risky is close but to strong, in that people not on the forum regularly could lose you and not know to buy new books as an automatic reaction. Even was here mainly to sign up for upcoming release to know when to shop until amazon started killing their author based forum.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 am

Ok, so P.S. Power for any books in the The Multiverse up to the conclusion of the current Arc. (After which I assume that the different realities will get somewhat separated, with cross-reality travel/communication becoming somewhat between much harder and impossible).

Phil Power for any books in the realities that were part of The Multiverse after the end of that Arc. I assume written with the goal that they can be read well without having read any books in the Multiverse Arc.

And Phillip S. Power for any books in new unrelated realities.

Did I get that right?

Biggest risk I see here is that you may lose existing readers that don't realize that you are also publishing under new names now...

Vyros
Early Reader

Unread postby Vyros » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:19 pm

You will possibly lose a lot of readers with the different pen names. Anyone who does not visit this site won't know about the changes. I am sure that you have considered this, I just don't want to see you get discouraged by loss of sales.

Annnnnnnnd back to lurking in the shadows ya'll take care.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:48 pm

I've seen other authors that have published books under different author names on adding both (all) their names as author on amazon (even though the cover only shows one name).

e.g.: https://www.amazon.com/Rita-Longknife-E ... 01N4L4582/

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

That might work. As long as people know it's the same author, that should be fine. (As far as losing readers.)

The bigger point of loss will be moving to new universes. People HATE that, but all stories need to have an end. Hopefully, I can come up with novel things that people will enjoy as well. There is always a turn over, with new people coming as old leave or take a break.

It IS a risk, but explaining it and making sure that it's common knowledge can work.

Glenn Cover
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Glenn Cover » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 am

You have an amazing brand in P.S. Power. Splitting into three will only dilute/fragment it. Go with unique banding or symbol on the cover to differentiate the three groups. How about something in each title vs. Different names.

Then again Viola Grace aka Zenina Masters makes it work by having a short biography at the end of each book trying them together.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:10 am

Really, I have a medium brand in P.S. Power. That can be done again. Possibly with better results. :)

I could try that for the same universe things? (So that the new Zack world books with gold stars aren't part of the grand arc and the others are?) That actually sounds just as confusing to me.

Then, it might not even make a difference. Some people won't care, one way or the other, right?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Pen Name Books”