Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

New Pen Names Coming for the Combined Universe!

These are books and series that are written by P.S. Power under other Pen Names. Feel free to take a spin into the different genres that are being presented under the various pseudonyms.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: New Pen Names Coming for the Combined Universe!

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 am

Well, you know, as I go on, I hopefully will keep getting better. If you don't look back at your life, every five to ten years and cringe at what you used to do, then something is a little off...

Sure, maybe it means that you're just perfect...

But with my early works, I tend to kind of cringe pretty hard for that. :)

*I've been thinking pretty hard about what's coming over the next months! I'm thinking of using the Phillip S. Power name for the next three books to come (After the new Gwen Farris, of course. I've been focusing on editing for that one right now. I don't think it's horrible...) which will be kind of different in some ways.

1. The main character won't have big relationship issues. Though I think that there will be one developing during the story, the lack of one won't be a large issue.

2. The main character will be unique and interesting, as well as hard looking, but won't have powers of any sort.

3. There might be aliens...

:)

Now I need to write them, to see how things come out.

After the editing on Gwen, of course!

Tahg
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Tahg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:55 pm

I haven't really noticed a big difference between earlier works and later ones, but I tend to be pretty blind to that in the main. That said, since I've only been reading them for a couple months, I'd have missed any revisions on them. Personally, I'd vote for any new books in the same Genre (sci-fi/fantasy?) to be under the same name, though having a similar but recognizable one shouldn't be too bad. I rely heavily on Amazon's "Recommended For You" page, as well as as "More by <Author>" and "Customers who bought this book also bought" sections in Kindle, so I don't think the danger of losing track of some of your works is all that of an issue.

As far as books in different Genre's under totally different pen names go, I haven't read any of those yet, so don't really know yet if I'd want to read a definitive collection of your work or not. As long as you keep your site more or less up-to-date, and have a blurb in the back of your books pointing to it (that's been inconsistent), I think it will work out fine.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 am

Do people like the blurb at the back of the book? I stopped doing that, because it got too large. But if it's actually helpful, I can start again. It isn't hard or anything.

*Also, I'm back to work. Writing both new things and the next Avery Rome book. At the same time!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 am

Yes, we like and need the blurb. We need to know what's coming next, for the series that we just read, and for the next book you plan to release. If you feel its getting to large, put a link in to take us to a list of all your work and/or any commentary you may have. It doesn't have to be very specific, just enough to let a reader know where they can get more info if they want it. Like the forum or wikilinks or your blog or whatever. All that info is available, so you don't have to write a second novel at the end of the book like some authors do. And yay, more books to look forward to!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:41 am

If nothing else, the burb is pages you get paid for via KU. And compared to some of the things authors keep stuffing their page count with, it includes useful information, so don't feel guilty about the couple of cent more you can make that way.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Nothing is more annoying than a book ending at ninety percent or less.

I'd say go for it, but keep it to two or three pages max. Perhaps list series instead if books, with a link to a webpage about those series with the books listed and described on the website.

Both of best worlds, easy access to the info for those that want it, without bloating the e-book itself.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Pen Name Books”