Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Boxing vs MMA fight

Anthony Winters is given one chance to make it. One chance to be more than just some kid from the streets.
Nothing will stop him from doing that. Nothing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarciaA
Global Mod

Boxing vs MMA fight

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:08 pm

This has Tony ALL over it!
Hubby went to watch with son in law, both are all hiped up about it.

Mojo
Avid Reader

Re: Boxing vs MMA fight

Unread postby Mojo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Guess it goes to show you that MMA isn't everything. Every martial art has it pros and cons.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:42 am

To be fair, this was a boxing match. You had a guy that had very little experience going up against a boxer who has never lost a fight.

That the MMA guy, McGregor, went ten rounds and actually did a decent job at times was kind of impressive. It WOULD go the other way if they were using MMA rules.

Not that I blame them for doing it this way. It was the Boxers last planned pro fight. Number fifty for his career. It was why he chose a big payout, but nearly assured win like this, at a guess. To go out on top.

*Too bad both men, Mayweather and McGregor are kind of jerks... :)

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:51 pm

Wow made me think of these books

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:02 pm

I can see that...

I mean, Joe Rogan (Fight commentator) says that Fallon Fox is a man and dislikes the idea of men fighting women...

Versus:

Joey the fight commentator saying that Fox Rends is a man and dislikes the idea of men fighting women...

:)

This one wasn't psychic though. (Wait, am I claiming that some of the things in various books might me? Well, I can't back that. If I wrote one or two books and that happened, then it would be a sign. Write a hundred books and real things are going to eventually match up...)

Now, I did hit the theme of trans women competing against women as a big deal. We're seeing that in other sports right now, as a major factor. Again, that one wasn't too hard to see as something about to emerge.

After all, if a trans woman was always a "real" woman to the minds of some, then those people have to insist on things that would otherwise not make sense. (I'm not proclaiming them right or wrong here, just saying that you have opposing sides in the issue.)

Then, I think I gave my answer in the books. If women know they are competing with someone who used to be a man and are willing to do so, then it isn't a problem.

A major difference here is the fictional Fox Rends always fought as who and what she was. A man that was a woman inside, who transitioned.

Fallon Fox snuck in, hiding that she might have an advantage and didn't take the high road that way. If trans women have some advantages in physical capability over the other kind, then that is cheating.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Tony Winters”