Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

What's next for Tony?

Anthony Winters is given one chance to make it. One chance to be more than just some kid from the streets.
Nothing will stop him from doing that. Nothing.
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

What's next for Tony?

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 am

So, I found myself in a rut - I've been reading a lot over the past year (over 200 books) including everything by Dale, and I just didn't know what I wanted to read next... and so I went back and opened the first TW novel, and then in two days read all three again.

I'd love to see a continuation of the story hopefully relatively soon as permitted by Dale's insane book schedule of over 5000 books in the next year...

What would you like to see?

Tony turning 16...
Tony living at the camp with Adam
Tony in school, school friends...
Friends with drug problems - which he has background
Friends with girl problems/jealousy with Tony's casual and mature nature with women
People with animosity to his fighting
Authority figures with animosity to his fighting
Friends joining the gym
Tony studying, really pushing ahead with medicine or sports medicine
An enemy? Possibly a footballer given how much Tony knows NOTHING about football - kind of cliche but fits.
Tony juggling school friends, gym friends, maybe a job, studies
Tony interning with the Doc or something
Tony learning more from Raul, getting a black belt? What's after that? I mean Raul is Coral but there's a lifetime of learning there.
Tony the trainer
Tony regaining the 10% of what he loss in arm - was it just strength or mobility? Fine muscle mobility might be important for Dr Winters
Might sounds stupid, but training yoga with whatshername for flexibility? (I want to say Dani?)
Tony's family - grandparents, Adam, Rick and Jen's relationship and plans for marriage/babies with Tony around or....?
What Tony can do for the gym to make it better, more popular, etc.
Maybe encouraging a more sports medicine presence at the gym with the doc for athletes in the area.
What the fight scene looks like without Don Treevan.
Will Tony fight again? I kind of hope so, given he was so good at it, and it's a good way to use his skills/make money.
Pressures of any fame.
Maybe spending some weeks in Japan because of that earlier thread - facing some fighters there, building friends internationally, bringing more fighters across to the US fight scene.
Steve finally seeing the light about Gloria, maybe single dad Steve if things go really pear shaped. Judging parenthood and career.
Tony has become nice guy Tony fully - but when is too much too much and is he able to balance his life better?
Is Rick ever going to fight, or what's up with that, I know he's mostly a promoter, but .... maybe?
Tony getting a license, and being paranoid about getting all the dashcams because of his history with people being abusive/cops/etc
For that matter - if you look up open carry and all the corrupt cop stuff on the youtubes, folks who are adamant about not giving ID unless there's been a crime and all that sort of thing... Tony really learning his rights, using cameras, really finding a leg to stand on with authorities.
Maybe an antagonistic trainer or student at the gym who really isn't a fan of Tony, but everyone else thinks is okay... just ... not even as grumpy as Mark, but just doesn't want to deal with Tony.
Tony and Deena and Roy and the other BJJ players, how they progress and grow as a team/joining MMA/train.

I''m sure there's a tonne more that others would be able to add as potential storylines, and I'm almost certain that Dale could look at that list and go "sure I'll write another one, but it won't have any of that! muwahahahahahahah!" but I'd love to see more of these folks... really is a good story.

What have I missed that you'd like to see?

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: What's next for Tony?

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 am

I was thinking twelve to fifteen books for the next year?

Also, Tony doesn't really need more books to tell his story. The purpose of his tale was to show that working hard and doing the right thing can, sometimes, work. That's really the heart of it. He managed that, I think.

Going on with that direction is just a success story, unless he's messed with pretty hard. He was already shot, beaten and had to eat out of dumpsters. The guy has earned a break, hasn't he?

There are new characters coming soon. Some not nearly as sweet as Tony or even Eve Benson... But hopefully they will be as entertaining and have things to share about the world.

Otherwise, what's the point in writing things at all?

* Besides, it looks like the world might, possibly, be ending in the next decade or so. I have a duty to get the current arc finished before then. I can't leave everyone hanging forever in the void, not knowing how things turn out in the end, can I?

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Damn, you almost make me want to be motivated - I can't believe you work that hard.

I get what your saying, but success stories are fun :\ I just really enjoyed the character, and the world. Sigh. You deserve this mild backlash for producing fun things, you monster.

I get what you're saying, and yeah, you do have a tonne of other things on the go, and more thoughts and all that good stuff - but... I'm selfish and I really did enjoy it, and would enjoy more.

I'll take what I can get. If you can leave me with plenty of entertainment in the neverending timeless void of eternity then I'd appreciate it.

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm

So will the final arc be finished in 2017? How many more books do you anticipate will be done to finish it with all the various characters involved?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 am

I could finish the whole thing inside five books. Or one really big one...

The trick is actually finishing it with "happy endings" for all the main characters. Certain things are simply going to be true for this however. For instance the next Gwen Farris book, will by the nature of the thing, be the last one.

I want to end the whole thing with Tor, so that brings in the Young Ancients, but there is a series (the one the Willum Baker started?) for that. I can literally do one or two books in that and reach a good ending point.

First, however, I need to make sure I have at least one successful pen name going! Which is what I'm planning to really work on this year. The goal is to actually have three new "names". Though I'm not thinking of hidden things so far.

Phillip S. Power is the one that the first trilogy will be coming out with, for instance.

So I think that people can find it, if they want?

After that? Well, I may have to find other things to do with my life. A hundred books isn't a horrible writing career, though.

I could become an end times prophet, maybe? :)

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 pm

So what will the next book be...always the question

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Just remember that one group that has never been given a story is the tricksters in the demonverse. Their story might be a good story as part of the final arc.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:40 am

While they will play a role, I disagree.

Why? Because of their true nature. They are, in the end, the ones who know too much to be interesting. If you saw inside of their minds, the story would be done. They understand and get what is needed for everything to continue. Not only what has to happen to make it right, but what will happen in different streams and strands of reality.

*I've considered this one, but the truth is, while interesting in theory, the Tricksters are too connected for that. It's a bit like Gilligans Island... The whole thing would be over, if everyone else stopped scapegoating Gilligan and pitched in to help occasionally with the hard work. So that could never really be allowed.

One glimpse of what Riley is thinking for longer than a page and the entire thing is over... :) Even though the journey is about finding out what has to be, for those who aren't born knowing...

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 pm

The big demonic force that could bring about the end of the reality and leave everything in limbo turns out to be the writer? Damn you Dale! ;)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Tony Winters”