Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

What's next for Tony?

Anthony Winters is given one chance to make it. One chance to be more than just some kid from the streets.
Nothing will stop him from doing that. Nothing.
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Re: What's next for Tony?

Unread postby brainsniffer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 pm

The big demonic force that could bring about the end of the reality and leave everything in limbo turns out to be the writer? Damn you Dale! ;)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:38 pm

:)

Stories have a beginning, a middle and an end. A point where ewe enter the stream of them being, the meat of what is going on and then the point we gracefully (at least that's the hope) leave them. That's all.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah, but that's not the type of reader you have. The majority of your readers probably have the expectation that "the story will go on forever".

For me, if I see a book on amazon, no matter how well reviewed, if I don't see an indication that it's part of an open-ended series, it's very unlikely that I'll even look at it. Even ones that are described as part as a trilogy or otherwise fixed size series with no indication that they are part of a larger universe only very rarely attract my attention.

Sure, an individual story thread has a beginning and ending, but as long as you don't destroy the universe at the end of the last book, something is going to keep happening, no matter if someone writes about it or not. And frankly, I don't what to have to imagine what that something is myself, that's what authors are for. ;)

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:56 am

Maybe. Don't get me wrong though, if Dale is calling it done then I'm not out to pressure him to write something he has no interest in continuing and it's not like he's short on options of other works. I agree with him that you'd just be writing the character into more success and probably giving the "TW is a MS" more fodder - but I'm very not opposed to that.

I guess everything else is "headcanon" for me on this thread now :) And in one alt reality it's totes what happens. Suck it, Trebek.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:12 am

What goes on inside your head, or in clearly marked "fan-fiction" is up to you. :)

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:12 pm

We all know the wedding was EPIC!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:39 pm

I admit, I have taken to NOT showing all the weddings. There have been enough that I would find them boring to read about. People stand up, they say "I do" and then eat some cake. Maybe a fight breaks out, or someone gets shot...

Not all that interesting.

*I honestly doubt their wedding was epic at all. It was just another wedding.

Televised though, if that impresses you?

:)

I loved that book series and honestly think it is one of the best that I have written so far. (Fletcher is right up there too, in my estimation.) I just don't think that Tony is calling out for more yet. In my head he moves on, graduates from school, goes to college, becomes a doctor, does a long tour with Doctors Without Borders and eventually has a return to fighting, in order to generate money for a clinic in a poor area...

That's as an adult though, so doesn't fit with the first section that well. I might write it some day, but if so, it will be at least a year. I have too much going on for the next while to commit to that one as well.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:19 am

Laura Smart: She was a "typical" blue haired, metal faced and man hating feminist (based on a real person for that part) who grows from being near Tony. It isn't an overt growth or one that showed Tony as being a superior being. She simply saw him being brave and good and learned to accept others a little bit more because of it.

*It's a bit unfair to use stereotypes for things like that, but call it a hope on my part? That ideologues, when exposed to good people, might see that as valuable too?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Tony Winters”