Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Tony Winters Trilogy is up!

Anthony Winters is given one chance to make it. One chance to be more than just some kid from the streets.
Nothing will stop him from doing that. Nothing.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: The Tony Winters Trilogy is up!

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Ha!

All right, that weird word splitting, periods out of place and so on at the end of chapter fourteen? I nuked the whole thing, reset all the chapter headings, changed the font and all that good fun.

Then I reformated it all, got a clean copy without that (though I have no clue why it happened in the first place...) BUT...

It's done, and reuploaded to Amazon. So, in a few hours it should be up with a clean copy that doesn't have those errors.

Thanks for letting me know, so I could fix that. It won't just download to anyone that has already gotten the book. I THINK that you can get with Amazon and they'll force the new copy onto whatever machine you are reading the book on.

You might also be able to delete it and get it again. I don't know if that is free however, in which case, I hope that you'll forgive the errors and not buy it twice. That would be a rip off.

Thanks for the info. I honestly couldn't see it on my end until I did some different things.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Notepad works well for that. Cut out the bad section, paste it into notepad, and then copy it again from notepad and paste back into word. Should strip the bad formatting.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:36 pm

See that makes sense, but I did the whole thing, just in case there was anything else like that I didn't find in the formatted copy.

:)

It's more work, but... I want the books to be good, if possible.

Glenn Cover
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Glenn Cover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Finished all 3 volumes. Nicely done . I put a 'review on vol 1.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 am

So, I got to the party a little late, but I finally read them all... which means that unfortunately, I want more of them right now. Jesus H that was a quick and great read. I thought it was pretty awesome.

Now obviously, Tony is an analogue of Zack/Tor and Mark is a Trollekiene, and...

Bit of a shame about Steve at the end there, being all trapped like that, as guys can be. I liked that Tony had a vision of himself and even being good at fighting and winning didn't deter him away from that. I read a recent forum thread about an online story "Human Phoenix" where a kid gets superpowers and spends the whole story trying not to use them because he doesn't believe they make his life better and he wants to be normal... someone was upset that he didn't accept his powers and become a superhero - and didn't get that was the point - the kid was true to who he was and didn't want that.

That reminded me strongly of this here - Tony wants to help people and throughout the story he does, he even sacrifices part of his life, because he's uncertain of his place and his stability, to not need to sacrifice. But in the end, no matter how much of a prodigy he is, that isn't what he wants. A lot of us feel trapped doing what we are skilled at, especially at that age, without working to be something else - and that can define a life.

Although, perhaps he could go into Sports Medicine and be a trainer, because goddamn, that boy must have some skills.

Anyway, very much loved the whole trilogy, the cast of characters and they were some damn fine reads. Hope there's enough interest in a sequel - because Tony dealing with school, actual adult relationships, and struggling to become what he wants while being there for his family and friends sounds like a good tale to me.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:57 am

I think the idea of turning a story on its head is interesting.

Human Phoenix sounds like the author was trying to put forth something fresh and new. That's difficult to do, especially since many people sort of want to both revile a writer for not changing enough, while others hover closely, to get them if they step too far out of line. :)

I get to see that one constantly, by the way. To the extent where I refuse to worry about making anyone happy any longer. If you put in a religious method, one side hits you. If you say the opposite the other does. The same with anything political or even philosophical.

The best track is to simply do what seems right at the moment and hope that those you alienate are in the minority. Because, no matter what you do, someone won't like it. :)

For instance, I recall the last of the Souther Vampire novels. Arguably the cleanest and best paced, as well as best written of the series, it was hated by some, since they'd forgotten that Sookie (in the books) was always gearing up to get with Sam, not a Vampire at all. Then, not being happy, people threatened to kill Charlaine Harris.

Which is always a wonderful thing to do, when someone has gone out of their way to entertain you for years.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Tony Winters”