Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Dragon Queen: Avery Rome Book Three Live...

New trilogy based in the Demonverse!
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Re: Dragon Queen: Avery Rome Book Three Live...

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am

I would assume there are networks of people that would acquire books via KU, goto end and then return the book just so they can all claim higher sales. Such a scam would be easy to detect. One could hope that Amazon would have dire consequences for people acting in such a manner.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:22 am

Agreed, but there is nothing shady about a reader getting a book on KU, reading it, and then buying it later on in a week or month. After all, amazon gets my ten bucks, plus a piece of the outright purchase.

If they didn't want legitimate double dips, all the books I read in KU wouldn't show up in recommendations.

That's my point, don't cheat the system, just use it.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 pm

So, the book seems to be up and alive! Yay!

:)

Glenn Cover
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Glenn Cover » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 pm

I find it interesting that the release date was the 26th, but not available until the 29th.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon May 01, 2017 6:35 am

Glenn: It was put up on the 27th. (Zon almost always puts that date back a day. I do not know why, but it is virtually 100% of the time they do that.)

Then I put up that statement here, just to have something to say. :) So, it was available before that. (What, I have to come up with salient and useful comments ALL the time?)

I'm just trying to put aside this particular incident as a sign of conspiracy or failure on anyone's part. It wasn't except for me, not being more clever when I posted on the 29th. I wasn't trying to be misleading. I'll attempt not to be that boring in the future.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 am

It's an amazon thing.

No conspiracy, just a weird system that's consistent for every author. When I check for new KU books in sci-fi-fi/fantasy, I always have to lag back a day or two behind on publication date, so I don't miss most of them. Today's releases will consistently only show pre-published books in the system.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon May 01, 2017 1:25 pm

It really does take four or five days to really hit the system for Amazon.

I think that's just because they're so large.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Avery Rome”