Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Avery Rome: Book two...

New trilogy based in the Demonverse!
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: Avery Rome: Book two...

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:35 am

I'm really torn between telling you to not overdo it and shouting, "Faster! Faster! Write faster!"

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:41 am

I've long since come to the conclusion that "vacation" means something different to Dale than most of us. So I don't really worry much about him burning out anymore, even though it could perhaps still happen. Even so, my reading avarice makes me feel like a pushy jerk about it.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 am

Is it even possible to push an author that thinks writing only ten thousand words in a day is slacking off?

Think of it as encouragement. ;)

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:59 pm

You might have a point there...

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 am

I only wrote five thousand words today. (Starting a new book though...)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Now I'm looking at the story and don't feel like writing it. :) I might find something else to work on for a while instead.

Part of that is that I don't want to get stale. I DO have ideas for stories, though some of them are a bit extreme as to how different they might be...

I can tone down things a bit...

Maybe something about Christmas, Clowns, Killers or horrors that cannot be imagined?

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:26 pm

How about one with Chris the line walker... spreading Christmas cheer to all the worlds. ;)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:34 pm

I say... Roll them all into one in an edition of the 'Greasepaint Chronicles. And do it topically. Our hero comes to the aid of a group of clowns being persecuted by a well meaning citizens group just before Christmas. It seems a clown was observed trying to entice children into his clown car. It becomes evident some child or children have fallen prey to the horrors of a pedophile. Blah, blah,blah you know, you'll work it out.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Being a fan of goofball cult classics, I enjoyed Killer Clowns From Outer Space. So working alien invasion into the story would be cool in my book. After all, they're painting their faces for a reason. It's clearly sinister...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:15 pm

The only problem with coming up with a (fairly good, by the way, Ronald...) idea like that is that now if I do anything too close to it, I will have "stolen" the idea from you.

Which means that you have to write that out now. Sorry, its a rule...

So, we can expect to see that before Christmas? :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Avery Rome”