Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Adversaries

Forum for the discussion of all things related to The Multiverse (the intermixing of several book worlds). ;)
Forum rules
"With all the cross-reality interactions coming up now, it would make sense to have a "master" spoiler thread.

The rules are basically that the thread can contain spoilers for any P.S. Power book in the larger interconnected multi-verse (which really should get some kind of name) that is available on amazon. (So excluding books that are currently in "public" editing, but everything else is fair game)." ~ qHnED7SnYgQs
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: The Adversaries

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 am

Propaganda?

What do you mean? Clearly, they have your best interests at heart!

It's why they want us all to die. For our own good!

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Time can be rewritten.

Don't you watch doctor who? ;D

Blame
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Blame » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:25 am

David.

The time travel paradox comes up in numerous books. General conclusion is that any apparently successful attempt to rewrite just adds another reality to the multiverse without removing the original. Not all in agreement though and P.S. Power looks to be one of them. None the less the paradox is a real thing and needs a careful solution for his multiverse to be convincing.

I think the idea of a limited number of realities does it. New ones come into existence when others evaporate. They compete for existence by representing different ways of doing things. So, fiddling with time creates a new reality but it has to justify its existence by better adding to diversity if it is to survive. As it is usually going to be rather close in nature to the reality it breaks from there is likely to be only one survivor.

By this logic line walking has a very negative effect - cross cultural contamination. It can be justified by opposing the adversaries who are the ultimate in that sort of thing - they want ALL realities to work their way.

Begs a question. Can the amount of reality be diminished? If not then this war can only be lost. Both line-walkers and adversaries will destroy realities by destroying their individualism but new ones will be born to take their place. Much like greater demons.

Blame
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Blame » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:26 am

Another thought. Greater demons are sort of small realities. God being a sentient reality. Notice that all greater demons are seriously different and numbers are limited.

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Don't forget that with the greater demons, there is also angels who reference a heaven. So there is yet another reality that does not contain our heroes or adversaries. Also the tricksters seem to be contact with some greater intelligence that is directing their actions.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Yeah, reality is also an energy formation next to a tree on a hill outside of reality.

Blame
Intermediate Reader

Re: The Adversaies

Unread postby Blame » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:51 am

Mojo

Heaven? There must be a reality that is a heaven too on the grounds that if it is meaningful and different enough it has to exist. Probably lots of them. LOTS of problems with boredom. I suspect most eventually evaporate. Offhand I can't recall a convincing description of heaven where the inhabitant were happy, in for the long hall and not, in effect, lobotomized.

Those are separate tho. If I have it right realities are sentient so gods exist in/as them them rather than in a separate heaven. Angels could. Maybe they have a separate reality for chilling out. Sort of like a clubhouse.

Blame
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Blame » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 am

David.

Not sure anything can be outside some sort of reality. It ether holds together because somebody insists its real or it evaporates.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Discussions of The Multiverse”