Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Adversaries

Forum for the discussion of all things related to The Multiverse (the intermixing of several book worlds). ;)
Forum rules
"With all the cross-reality interactions coming up now, it would make sense to have a "master" spoiler thread.

The rules are basically that the thread can contain spoilers for any P.S. Power book in the larger interconnected multi-verse (which really should get some kind of name) that is available on amazon. (So excluding books that are currently in "public" editing, but everything else is fair game)." ~ qHnED7SnYgQs
MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Re: The Adversaries

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 am

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken
Blame
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Blame » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:01 am

Valhalla?

You got me there...well sort of. The inhabitants ain't exactly lobotomized. Just drunk

Blame
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Blame » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

OK. Quick question.

How big is a reality?

I asks because if it is universe sized it kinda dwarfs the plot.

MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 pm

My guess would be universe sized, it just makes sense. However I feel that this widens the plot rather than dwarfing it, and puts more weight on what occurs in the story without it ever feeling overly self important.

Also with universe sized dimensions, think of all the other worlds like the one the Aliens in the Tor universe that clearly are included in the fight against the Adversaries, but don't necessarily need to interact with the main storyline or be experiencing their conflict now.

Though I enjoy mental gymnastics on large scales like this so you might not find this concept as enjoyable as I do.

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Yeah, I don't get that either. An infinite amount of realities the size of our universe is hardly limited or small.

All that shows is we've only seen a small part of it. I suppose in that way it makes the plot a very thin slice of the realities, but realistically he'd have to write an infinite number of books to fully flesh it out. Which is just absurd. However, what we have seen is enough to clarify the war of existence being fought.

Blame, could you clarify that comment and question? Although the answer to the question is yes, one reality is one universe, including all the stuff we as humans can't perceive.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 am

Okay, this is only postulation, but I think Mr. Power has based his universes on our own. We surely believe that life outside Earth exists, however, we are not aware of it. So, to us there is only one life form in our universe that we are aware of. If each of the other universes follow suit, there is only one life form in each universe that is aware of itself in each universe. But also, since the universes are infinite that is not always consistent. By convention, each universe differs slightly from the one nearest to it. The farther away, the more different it becomes. The closer the timeline, the closer the equality of technology. So, we have Gwen's universe nearby physically, yet further away chronologically from Tor's. And the Yallin's further away physically yet closer timewise. At least, as I see it.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Only it seems like the chronological time and the technological advancement aren't that connected, makeing it appear more like each universe has a number of axis that they can differ or relate on. For example, chronological time, technology, internal power expression (basically magic), and physical relations (geographic or otherwise).

MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 pm

At least that's the assumption I make when on of the Adversaries were followed to their world, that was more technologically advanced than our own but chronologically based in an earlier time that I can't remember right now, 1700's or 1800's maybe?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm

The time period, seemed to be the early industrial revolution period. It very much reminded me of Gwen's time period. Although Mr. Power said in his book blurb that he considered it "steam punk" rather than a specific time period so it may be technology based rather than calender based

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 am

Why does time not being linear across realities invalidate the rest?

Creation is complicated. Even alternate Zack, who is older than reality, doesn't fully understand it. We understand enough to see it's all connected and to have a general idea of things, that's good enough isn't it? Other is slightly ahead of alternate, which is about 8 years ahead of infected. Tor and Pran worlds are way way ahead in years, not sure where Jake and Gwen fall.

Time moving differently through realities, dimensions, or worlds is not a new idea.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Discussions of The Multiverse”