Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Adversaries

Forum for the discussion of all things related to The Multiverse (the intermixing of several book worlds). ;)
Forum rules
"With all the cross-reality interactions coming up now, it would make sense to have a "master" spoiler thread.

The rules are basically that the thread can contain spoilers for any P.S. Power book in the larger interconnected multi-verse (which really should get some kind of name) that is available on amazon. (So excluding books that are currently in "public" editing, but everything else is fair game)." ~ qHnED7SnYgQs
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: The Adversaries

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 am

In general relativity, time varies in relation to speed ,therefore , it can be assumed that each dimension or reality, is moving at a different speed in relation to each other. Some faster; some slower. So, not really a paradox.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MasterfulZora
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby MasterfulZora » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Only most realities still experience time at the same/similar rate even though they are at different places in the timeline, with the most notable difference being in the Tor reality, where time progresses at I think it was 8 times faster than the rest.

But this could also be a difference in the time constant in their reality compared to the other ones we know, not just that it's 'location' in the Void between worlds progresses or moves faster than the others.

"It functionally has no energy cost, which yes, means that it's violating the laws of physics, but don't let it get to you. They do that here, from time to time." —Ken
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 am

In an infinite multiverse of infinite universes(/realities) everything exists an infinite number of times. For every works of fiction you've ever read, seen, or heard, there exists an infinite number of universes in P.S. Powers multiverse where the described events have happened, are happening, or will happen.

As such, no further explanation is needed for why the specific realities described in the books exist in the described state. The only thing you can wonder about is why Dale is writing about these specific grouping of interacting realities and not one of the infinite other existing groupings of of realities.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed May 17, 2017 7:47 am

I don't think that first part is correct. In the YA storyline there are aliens from other worlds, all who have seen the enemies who want to destroy reality, people of their kind. Events are told from Earth, mostly because we live there I'd imagine.

I also don't think realities share stars or matter, or anything like that. Not sure how that would even work.

Again, the YA people have been to other stars.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Ahh, got it. You think the aliens could just be another reality. But that doesn't quite ring true either. They don't just walk from reality to reality through a changing landscape like you're suggesting, otherwise normal humans would be doing it all the time, they do it through naturally occurring gates with a strict delineation of realties between one step and another. Think of it like a shortcut through to another reality instead of between Zack's house and the mall, but one that is naturally there instead of created by a line walker. I suppose the aliens could have found a space gate, but there is nothing in the books themselves to indicate that is true.

Either way, you made me think. You could be right, if some of the stars in the sky are seen through a natural gate occurring in space, but there is nothing to indicate that possibility in the books.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Discussions of The Multiverse”