Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Once A Demon: Three book series, progress thread!

A new series starring one of our favorite greater demons!
PS Power
Site Admin

Once A Demon: Three book series, progress thread!

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:44 pm

The plan is to finish the rough draft on book one tonight.

That was a bit slower than I like. I'm going to speed up on the next two, if I can. the goal is to have the books ready sometime next month.

I'm making these a bit harder edges and faster paced, while still investigating the problems that a person with power might actually have, when they decide that raw evil isn't good enough any longer.

:)

(These are also a little longer and have enough of a political statement to get me into trouble, without ruining the book for people that don't care about things like that. At least that's the dream!)

MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Once A Demon: Three book series, progress thread!

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Busting a move with my happy dance now! (A part of a phrase from an old chat program that I can’t remember the name of now)
*grin*
A Keeley books!! 3 of them! Yay!!!!

Edit: ICQ. That was the messenger program. Had to google to figure it out.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

I finished the rough draft on that first one. Will be starting book two after I sleep.

I might also write a new "Secret Erotic Life" book at the same time. I can do that. It's one of my powers. :)

That's if I can think up a compelling story for that. I need to pick up the pace on things, I think. (Yes, I was planning to go slower, but I think this next year is going to be rough, if I can't pull out the stops pretty hard. Not just for me, either.)

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 am

Does Keely get to play with her inter dimensional weapons void? I like that.

Also, if it’s my secret erotic life, that’d be awesome to hear about - it’s been kept secret from me for far too long.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 am

Nah, It's Lily's secret Erotic life.

The pocket universe is mentioned (and used) several times so far. It's basically a giant knapsack though, so nothing too special. (so far.)

Also, first 11% of the second book has been written.

*I'm also going over the last Lily book to make certain I'm up to date on things in case I want to take a crack at that one.

**Also, also... I have several new book ideas floating around and a few old ones that are trying to come to the front of my brain.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 am

Looking forward to all four books. But, um, if you get a chance, take a look at a new series by Lawrence Dahmers "The Girl They Couldn't See". The second book is " The Boy Who Couldn't Miss". Is he(Dahmers) living in the "Infected" universe?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
mwdeans
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby mwdeans » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 am

Laurence E Dahners, not dahmers. And no one seems to have a first mode issue. The brother and sister wouldn't even qualify for the IPB without considerable training. With the right tools either could be useful additions but one is a telepath that can make people not notice her presence and avoid running into her while having them not notice that either. Her ability doesn't work on electronics at all. The other has perfect Proprioception, the sense of where each part of your body is, resulting in exceptional coordination and accuracy with projectile weapons. No increased stamina or strength. Makes him kind of a glass cannon and her susceptible to cell phone cameras. The characters are too nice to be used as the cannon fodder they would be in the IPB world.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

All true... But I thought it was very coincidental that they had similar powers to people in the infected universe. Will be wondering how the storyline moves along.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm

You could argue she has the opposite powers to Penny, but who has the boy's power of proprioception and speed?

Opposite meaning she has to want to be invisible, while penny has to want to be visible. Also, Penny can evade cameras and electronic devices, Dahner's protagonist can not.

Infected is a superhero type thing with a twist, the infection and first mode. You could argue almost any superhero book is similar to someone in infected, I don't see the commonalities past the basic superhero genre and tropes. Even then, infected is one of the most original of the type I've ever read.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm

When I fell across Mr. DahNers' work, I just thought it odd that the two characters in his first two books reminded me of Penny and Mickey sure shot in Infected or Mickey in "Tales At The End Of The World". Obviously the story and character development differ, otherwise one could argue plagiarism. I just wanted to to call it to Dale's attention, because it was odd. At least in my opinion.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Once a Demon”