Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Discussing Sexual Themes Between K.T. and Other Places

Demons, Vampires, Werewolves.. oh my!
David
Voracious Reader

Re: Discussing Sexual Themes Between K.T. and Other Places

Unread postby David » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:18 am

Glad I don't read Anita Blake, that was a little to spoilerish I think, giving out how she catches the guy in the end even if you didn't say who it was.

Sex doesn't really bother me, but I have to be in that frame of mind at the time, otherwise I just wind up thumbing through the scenes.

If it fits the story, and it isn't overdone I like it just fine. Some say thaumatology was too much, I'd disagree. It was part of the world building and character building there. Book one was actually pretty clean, it wasn't until book two when she was dating both a werewolf and a succubus that the sex became prevalent. But seriously, succubus, of course there's going to be sex in it. It was one of the defining push and pulls in their relationship balance until things settled down that way. Granted, the author didn't have to make the werewolves so oversexed in that series, but it's typical for the race in other series as well.

It probably was over the top for Aneka, though the later books did get better. The new series is good as well.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Keeley Thomson”