Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Demon Bait Spoilers

Demons, Vampires, Werewolves.. oh my!
Korwin
Voracious Reader

Demon Bait Spoilers

Unread postby Korwin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:09 am

I red that correctly:
After the vision by Michael --> brain damage --> healing.
Keeley did not forget Michael, rigth?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Demon Bait Spoilers

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

That was my impression, too. Which might leave open a plot line for a stand alone? (Are listening Mr. Power?) I'll have to 're-read the book to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I feel Keeley could still find interesting things to do we might want to read about.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Yes, Keels remembered a lot more after she had her God Experience. She interacts a bit with said being after Mike has left the building.

:)

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Yeah, the perv...

I'd be open to a standalone book as well, maybe halfway through the vamp series?

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Yes, Dale. You think it's over but we will NEVER stop asking for more Keeley! Mwahahahahahahah!!!

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Can't wait for the vampire series! Also need more Zack!

daniel1948
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby daniel1948 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Since this thread has "spoilers" in the title, it seems a good place for some comments which include spoilers. My thoughts: (WARNING: SPOILERS)

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

I was a bit disappointed by Demon Bait. As an atheist, I was sorry that God was brought into a story where previously religion was regarded as either a negative thing altogether (by Darla) or as merely a place to form social connections (by Keeley).

I also felt that Keeley's ability to enslave other Greater Demons by, as it were, remote control, was going a bit too far, and certainly way too fast, considering that in demon years she is still an infant. That said, I was happy that she killed Xenses. I didn't like him (of course.) There have been fantasy villains that I've quite liked, such as the mayor who eventually becomes a snake in one season of Buffy, but Xenses was not one such as he.

And the story had too little of what I most love about the earlier Keeleyverse books, which is the contrast between everyone's fear of her, as a Greater Demon, and her very gentle temperament. There are a few of these scenes, but much less than I'd have liked. I wonder if maybe this was because Dale has grown tired of Keeley? His announcement that this was the last Keeley book leads me to that speculation. I would welcome more books set in the Keeleyverse, and hope that Keeley will still show up in them. But if Keeley is going to become so powerful that she can enslave anyone, from anywhere, without risk to herself or resistance from them, I fear the stories would just become dull. I'd rather read more of guardian/bard Pran or Gwen Farris. Definitely more of Gwen Farris.

Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Well she is not able to enslave Angels (at least not yet :D )

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I've always liked Xenses even tho he is crazy, cause he is the perfect example of the ends justify the means. He indirectly made Zack and Keeley total baddasses by forcing them to grow up and be strong.

Side note, I didn't like Keeley at all until this book when she finally grew up and became a badass, tho I liked Zack from the very beginning.

daniel1948
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby daniel1948 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Interesting. Different strokes, and all that... It was precisely Keeley's niceness that I liked about her. I like crazy people, but not mean people.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Keeley Thomson”