Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Keeley Pals Summer Series! (No, it won't be called that)

Demons, Vampires, Werewolves.. oh my!
PS Power
Site Admin

The Keeley Pals Summer Series! (No, it won't be called that)

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

This is a big time coming for some of Keeley's friends. The end of their Senior year of school, the start of a new life...

Getting away from home for a while, as the world tries to collapse around their buddies ears...

So, I'm thinking that the first book will be coming out in June?

I don't have a title yet, but I'm thinking a supernatural suspense/thriller taking place at a haunted summer camp. One where, decades ago, one of the campers murdered another of their number. But was it one? Was it murder at all? Hally and Gary have to figure that out, while protecting a variety of normal and not so regular, campers from things that go bump in the night...

I might also start the Eve series, to coincide with the last Keeley.

*No, the summer camp one won't have anything to do with sex. Really, the rest of these won't either in particular. Not even Eve, which... Well, there is a different "thing" built in there that I;ve been setting up the whole time, but haven't really advertized,a bout the Vampires...

Also... I'm thinking of a Calley Hale book/series as well. Any thoughts?

davephipps
Early Reader

Re: The Keeley Pals Summer Series! (No, it won't be called t

Unread postby davephipps » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Anything set in the Keeley-verse is welcome in my mind. I love that world!

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:40 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Well, right now the book market is slow. I don't know what's wrong, but it isn't only my titles. A lot of big names (way bigger than me) are seeing things drop too.

In the last few months. I think that part of it is Amazon and possibly others, not giving books the same exposure that they got before. I don't know the mechanism, but it might be that. Or...

I think that Amazon is starting to melt down right now. As in, one day soon it might have major trouble. This has been coming for a while but I've noticed an increase in systems cliches in the last few months and it get's worse all the time.

What does that have to do with anything? Not much. I'm just explain why I feel like I have to keep working. It may well be that when the new Gerent goes up things will be back to normal. Or better than that even. Or it may take until next year.

Or until after we get out from under the current economic crises.

OR, just possibly, things will continue down hill, and books will slowly die as a medium. If so, then I need to have my ducks in a row and be ready to shift to something else.

I have a theory...

Which I'm planning to write an article about soon: The coming 3-d Printing singularity.

If I'm correct, the world is about to change in ways that my generation just can't handle well at all. The older people will be even worse.

Milenials might make it.

I also have started an article about how to dodge bullets. No, real bullets. For real. Actually not getting hit by them. Yes, it works. Yes, you'll understand why when you read it. No it isn't just about not being shot at. (Though not being where the shooting happens is the first rule! There is actual avoidance in there too!)

I was considering a book on the topic of self-defense, but instead might just put up a few articles, so I don't have to hire an illustrator for it.

That or so something cute with stick figures? That... Might actually work!

I'll try not to burn out. That's why I've been planing some kind of vacation. I just don't want to get lazy and find out that I can only make it as a writer if I constantly put out more new material than anyone else, on a constantly improving arc.

I might also do up a piece about the coming Clown Apocalypse. :)

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am

Amazon doesn't let us know when new releases come out at all. They used to send email notifications but I have not received any this entire year and many authors I follow have had new books come out. It is very cumbersome to find when a new book comes out as well as they don't show up on the main page for at least 2 weeks after the release. I really wish Amazon would get their "stuff" together so I can find more books to read in a timely fashion!!!!

Also if you are doing something with the bat-shifter I think you should give us more insight in to the Asian dragon-shifter that works with her, that could have some interesting story right there. Also I still want more Keeley and Zack books, no reason to end their arcs so soon, Tor got 6 books, these need to get at least that many!!!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:44 am

There is a mailing list in the works for alerts about new books. Those will only be mine, but the goal is to get the word out the instant a new work goes up each time.

It will be talked about here, and also linked in the back of all the reformatted books. (Which means going back and inserting it into everything!)

Ang? Hmmm. Possible. I have no story in mind for him yet. Dragon's are the most powerful of the shifters, but too much power can lead to boring stories. Now a rabbit shifter hero might be interesting... "What? You say you feel superior to others because you have the amazing ability to shape shift into lunch? I guess that is a talent... and I do feel a might peckish."

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Brent is working on it. I don't have a time table for it, but as soon as possible, I'll work out how to do the links and make sure there is an announcement each time a book comes out.

:)

*Brent, because I can never remember how to spell ArgenofeniX Or whatever it really is. *Sigh*

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Keeley Thomson”