Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Let's start some stats for Keely!

Demons, Vampires, Werewolves.. oh my!
Mark
Avid Reader

Re: Let's start some stats for Keely!

Unread postby Mark » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:39 am

Linewalking is Zack's superpower. His general magic strength is weak but his physical strength is very high. For example, as soon as his strength kicks in he's able to casually block hits from Elder Vampires.

Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

While I agree that he is very strong and fast.
And that Keeley is stronger than Zack in terms of magic, his super power is still magical.

Especially now that we know some of the superpowers of other demons, like being disgusting.

bitflipper
Early Reader

Unread postby bitflipper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:29 pm

In Christmas of the Vampire, Balthias speaks of some of his earliest memories being from from the time of the Fall of Rome. Assuming he means the Western Roman Empire, this would put his age at around 1500 years, give or take a century or two.

As for Keeley's strength, her physical strength is enough to bench-press a Volkswagen Vanagon when she's pushed to it by Darla in Demon Trap, without Keeley being able to use her magic to supplement her physical strength at the time. The Type 2 Vanagon panel van with a 4-speed manual transmission -- pretty much the "classic" VW van -- weighed one and a half tons. The books still leave the reader with the impression that most Greater Demons are capable of even more impressive feats of strength, Keeley being one of the weaker Demons in that regard, but that's comparable to Vampiric strength for a couple-hundred year old Vampire, and far stronger than most other beings other than Trollienkeine, Durgs, or Draconic Shifters. Plus, Keeley can normally supplement her physical strength magically, and she's certainly one of the mightiest Demons, magically, to have ever been born, mastering magical concepts in hours or days that take most Greater Demons decades or more to learn, and which are completely beyond the realm of other beings short of the Demonic, Angelic, or Divine, and stretching those abilities far beyond the limits even the most ancient of her kind have encountered. By the end of Demon Bait, she can take even Greater Demons as slaves, at a distance, against their will, and even take multiple slaves in a single act. She can create her own private pocket-universes, adapt magic on the fly, and deduce how to perform very complicated magic such as renewing her energy from the ambient energy around her -- something that takes at least a half-dozen different complex magical acts simultaneously, according to the books -- within minutes of seeing it done, and again mastering it within days instead of decades. She faced and surpassed the Second Crucible before her seventeenth birthday, where most Greater Demons aren't even challenged with the First Crucible in their first century. I certainly wouldn't go around calling her "weak" nor "moderate" in those regards. Not to her face, at least. :P

Zack is probably stronger than Keeley -- at least by the time of Demon Trap, although he starts weaker than her in Shortcuts due to his starvation (he struggles to lift his own weight of 130 lbs where Keeley, at the very start of Demon Trap, can bench-press 200 lbs even before Darla forces her to lift Frieda) -- and he is undoubtedly much faster than her, but even a "weak" Greater Demon is an incredibly powerful being.

IIRC, Tarsus claims 7,000 years as his age in Demon Bait. I'll either update or confirm that when I get around to re-reading it, this time through.

Life is a game, the object of which is to determine the object of the game.
Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Magda/Granny Hartley should be the Changeling if I remember this right...idk, I think it was in the Eve books?

Bardic
Early Reader

Unread postby Bardic » Sat May 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Figured it was time for an update here. We did learn quite a bit about some of them in the newest books.

Name: Darla aka The Technician
Race: Greater Daemon
Sex: Female
Relations: Daughter of Finias, Sister of Keeley, Sister of the Defiler, current mentor of Zack
Physical Strength: Moderate
Magical Strength: Moderate
Special Ability: Building magical devices

Name: Keeley Thomson aka The Mistress of Souls
Relations: Daughter of Finias, Sister of Darla
Physical Strength: Weak
Magical Strength: Exceptional
Special Ability: Contract Making / Slave taking

Name: Zack aka The Line Walker
Sex: Male
Relations: Son of The Defiler
Physical Strength: Strong
Magical Strength: Average
Special Ability: Walking the Inroads / Space-Time Manipulation

Name: Balthias
Race: Lesser Demon
Relations: Former Slave to Keeley
Physical Strength: Moderate
Magical Strength: Moderate
Special Ability: Walking the Inroads & Fear Aura

Name: Bente aka The Pristine
Relations: ??
Physical Strength: Average
Special Ability: Likeability

Name: Finias aka The Mind Drinker
Relations: Father of Darla & Keeley
Magical Strength: Above average
Special Ability: Mind Reading / Telepathy

Name: Tarsus aka The Librarian
Relations: Grandfather of Zack
Physical Strength: High
Magical Strength: High
Special Ability: Reading People / Things, memory, giving memories, metal strength..

Name: Magda aka The Changling
Relations: Grandmother of Zack, brother of Finias
Physical Strength: ??
Magical Strength: ??
Special Ability: Shape shifting

Name: Xenses aka The Defiler
Relations: Father of Zack, Brother of Keeley, Son of Finias
Physical Strength: High
Magical Strength: Moderate?
Special Ability: Insane desire to destroy and make others miserable

Name: Gregor (Azaziel) aka The Cleric
Race: Fallen Angel posing as a Greater Daemon
Relations: Servant of God
Special Ability: Celestial energy being

Name: Ann aka The Rotted
Relations: Associated with Xenses , seen with Zack
Magical Strength: Average (lots of high level skill in her specialty area)
Special Ability: Raises and controls corpses, must feed them energy for them to stay animated, much like a slave takes energy from a daemon.

Name: Fram aka The Bold
Relations: Former slave to Keeley, currently attempting to befiend/date Keeley to prevent becoming a slave again.
Magical Strength: Weak
Special Ability: Mental blind spot (High status is important)

Name: Goethe aka ???
Relations: Accomplice of Xenses , currently holding Zack's parents as slaves
Physical Strength: Very Strong
Magical Strength: ??
Special Ability: ??

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat May 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Nicely done Bardic! :D

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:50 am

Ooohhh
Amazing! You're really good at this :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Keeley Thomson”