Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

My favorite Greater Demon

Demons, Vampires, Werewolves.. oh my!
daniel1948
Intermediate Reader

My favorite Greater Demon

Unread postby daniel1948 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 pm

I guess this is the first post, other than the "test post" in this forum. Demon Girl was the first P.S. Power book I read, and I loved it. I was not thrilled with the abysmal editing, careless spelling, odd punctuation, etc. (Your and you're are NOT interchangeable.) But the story was fun, and Keeley is a truly delightful character. There's real pleasure for the reader in the disparity between what we know of Keeley's character, and the way the people in the stories react to her, terrified because she's a Greater Demon, without understanding how different (kinder) she is than others of her sort.

This is my favorite of all this author's series. I look forward to more Keeley in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I do wonder about Shortcuts and Friendzoned being placed as separate series, since both take place in the Keeleyverse, and Keeley appears in both.

Librovore
Early Reader

Re: My favorite Greater Demon

Unread postby Librovore » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Definitely agree. I've bought most of the books on the strength of the Keeley series, and I consider that the most interesting. Better editing is needed, as well.

Simone
Early Reader

Unread postby Simone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

And there I was, thinking this was a topic to choose your favorite Greater Demon character in the series ;-)

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Definitely Xenses for me, unlike the other Demons he actually seems to be a genius (if a bit crazy, but then again aren't the all?). I simply do not like Keeley at all. Maybe because she is 16 but she just seems too dumb to live. She literally has the power to control the world and she can't figure out how to defeat Xenses? Seriously? She never seems to have enough magic power in storage which is obvious since she hardly eats anything (because of her figure? she acts closer to 12 than 16!). I like Zack and Darla a lot too but none of the other ones are very interesting at all, I guess it happens when you simply live for too long or whatever. I just hope they don't kill any of them off in the later installments of this universe as they all seem to have a part to play in the bigger picture.

Also besides Keeley's ability to enslave him, Zack seems to be much more powerful than any other demon mentioned except for Tarsus. Being the master of time and space makes it so no one can touch him at all, it's really hard to kill someone you simply cannot touch. Sure he's not the best fighter, but he can run away and there isn't anything anyone can do about it at all.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 am

I think we have to remember that this series is really a " coming of age " story of a baby demon, namely Keeley. She may not have it all together yet, but she's working on it. All the other demons have centuries on her, so I think she's doing fine so far. Not all demons are created equal. And each one specializes in particular abilities. Give her time, I think she'll surprise a lot of people. Now Zack, well, he's been through hell, literally. He's only a little older than Keeley, but Xenses tortured him through his formative years. So he has an advantage in that respect. IF, he manages to stay sane. He has to be one of the overall strongest demons around, just not the most experienced. Remember, Tarsus floods the new adult demons with all that demon info at their, um ... bar mitzvah ? It seems that who ever manages to make the most sense of it is also ahead of the game. So, let's wait and see how this turns out.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Yes Keeley definitely has an edge with the 'library' as mentioned by Tarsus in the very first book but Zack def seems to be able to find things in the library that have to do with time and space and withint moments fully understand it and utilize it in a way that even Tarsus doesn't think is possible so probably a toss up there. But Keeley's power is definitely the best, I mean she can enslave everyone, and even Zack wont be able to stop her in 100+ years...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm

If memory serves, I think Dale said that "Other Places " was going to be a trilogy? (Hopefully I'm wrong) But anyway, I was wondering if anyone thought the storylines could merge with the possibility of a Keeley/Zack relationship. I know that right now it doesn't seem likely; but a love/hate/mistrust romance could lead to something down the road. Like a new "royal" leadership of the demons. A new king and queen maybe? (Don't say you haven't thought about a little somethin', somethin' between Zack and Keeley, I know I have.)

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Ronald, there already was a "lil' somethin somethin" between Zack and Keeley, and then he killed her several times when she tired to "take him"
I think they already have that love/hate relationship going.... just saying.... :lol:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Keeley Thomson”