Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Link all the books into TYA as a series?

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarciaA
Global Mod

Link all the books into TYA as a series?

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:18 pm

I've been re-reading the entire series, and after Sara's book, I had to search the website to see which was next (Maria).

Since they are all connected to Noram, is there a way to alter the title so they would automatically be seen at the end of each book for next to download? I understand that they signify parts of the multiverse coalescence, but that is reflected in the current title.
Adding on TYA # 16 and on would help those new to the story line. Especially since the Coalescence books aren't even listed in TYA series, more like stand alones, which they aren't, and confused ME! when looking for them.

The whole series flows very well, with folks from other series popping in a bit towards the end books but is explained well and not confusing. I'm on the last one ( :cry: ) and debating on going through all the infected series next, or Keely.

Others have commented on the difficulty of following the story lines, and by going by publish dates works, but if you want to stick to one series before jumping into another it would be helpful.

well that's my soapbox rant for the day...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Link all the books into TYA as a series?

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm with you Marcia, but I don't know how difficult it would be. Could Dale simply recall all of the covers and retiitle them? Does Amazon do it? It could be as simple as adding "The Young Ancients number so and so" to the header. But then, would readers think they were a "new" series? And I don't know if those "next book in the series" reminders near the end of the book are triggered by the author or Amazon. So all and all, beyond my knowledge, but I know it gets difficult to figure out, even using my own kindle library.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Are there any changes to this page that might help?
http://pspowerbooks.com/wiki/index.php? ... ding_Order

If not, would another page of some type be helpful?

Thanks!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah, I tend to read them by publishing date when I do a reread. Which I haven't done lately, been too busy, and there's like a bazillion books now. Doing it that way avoids cross contamination spoilers in the later books in all the series, and it also keeps it more interesting for me changing worlds every book or so.

I don't think there's a way to make it simple using just titles and series names on Amazon. What he could do, is publish the links to the book order page on the website on the end of the books in an afterward. Of course, that would suck too, because he'd have to update all bazillion books and re upload them to Amazon.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm

The truth is that very few people have done projects with this many parts before. It has been done, I'm sure, but this one is decent that way.

So it's hard to come up with something that will work for everyone, since whatever I do will kind of be new. People aren't familiar with it.

Nequities
Early Reader

Unread postby Nequities » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 am

You also might want to take into account the issue of attracting new readers... if casual readers click into a new book and then see its part of a huge series of books they might think they can't jump into that, especially not here its like starting on the last book of the game of thrones series or jumping into the wheel of time on crossroads of twilight... sucker 'em in and then addict them...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 am

My hope is that the new Troy series, while still being about TROY and the world he lives in, will be a thing that people can pick up and read on their own*. It is separate from the bigger plotline and will be under the Phillip S. Power name.

*Clearly, people who have read the other books will think that they can't be understood without the background, but it isn't really true. Everything is explained in the story, as it happens.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”