Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Fan art by committee. Because what could go wrong?

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
phoenixdht
Early Reader

Fan art by committee. Because what could go wrong?

Unread postby phoenixdht » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 am

I want to do a piece of fan art at some point. I have in mind a simple scene, Tor and Timon stepping off one of their fliers to to greet representatives of Earth Prime. (This is the first chance to correct me. I have The Infectedverse as "Earth Prime" in my head; am I wrong?)

At any rate, here's what I have so far:

Tor and Timon are both about twelve feet high. Both are unusually good-looking. Timon is slightly shorter than Tor, and a little more rugged/manly looking.

The Baker boys are both wearing military looking outfits. Very polished. Best colors are green with copper trim? That seems to be the go-to when they're trying to cobble up some decent duds on the spot.

The flyer is a vaguely rectangular...thing. With an obvious windshield region and probably an open hatch revealing stairs down to the ground. (Actually, one of their TP chamber thingies would probably be more accurate than a flyer, but seems less dramatic. Opinions welcome.)

Military haircuts for both? The problem I'm having here is that they've changed so much over the course of the series (which I have read twice now) that I can't remember what they currently look like; or at least would have looked like at the time of first contact.

Also, Dareg. At least I think it's Dareg. He's also extraordinarily good looking, but has a punk purple hairstyle and matching purple eyes, and is about "normal" human height. Is that Dareg? I haven't read in the series in almost two months and the characters are starting to run together in my head.

So, minimal scene, characters as I've described, maybe set in a wooded area with a military base or elements thereof in the background. Also a couple of IFB agent/military types and maybe Proxy just to give a sense of scale. And Proxy because who doesn't like Proxy?

This will be a render, not hand-drawn art. DO NOT PANIC. I know there is a ton of supremely craptastic Poser/DAZ art out there. I've been doing this for awhile, and I suck somewhat less than the average hobbyist at it.

Is anything I've mentioned a direct strike against canon? Something I should do instead? What saith the committee?

phoenixdht
Early Reader

Re: Fan art by committee. Because what could go wrong?

Unread postby phoenixdht » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 am

This does not need to be a scene that actually took place within canon. However, all suggestions welcome.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Dareg has black hair and brown eyes. He's a light tan color (white, but not pale Celtic white)

Willum Baker CAN have purple hair and eyes.

Both are good looking, but Will is the one considered over the top about it. (Basically, this is described as seeming to have makeup on, even though they don't. So they might not look that different than a good looking made up person, until you understand that about them.)

Tor, Timon and Teira are both about seven-foot four. Tor is slightly taller than Timon however. King Richard is about nine foot and a bit, and adult Rolph (Prince Alphonse) is about eight-six. All of them are thin about it.

The IPB uniform for Brian Yi, at current date, would be a tan military fatigue set up.

I think that they all would have short hair at present, with the longest belonging to Will Baker. Though Timon has regular person short hair, last we saw them, not a military cut.

Just as an aside, there IS no established "Earth Prime" If we were really going to do that one, then the world of Human Zack Hartly would probably be considered for that position.

The books came out in a slightly different order, but the first books created were his.

1. Zack Hartly (Alternate Places)
2. Young Ancients
3. Infected
4. Gwen Farris
5. Keeley Thomson
6. Zack Hartly (OTHER places)

There are other books in there of course. A good number of them. That is the original universe structure however. Josh and Amy are in there, but not important to the grand scheme really, so I left that book out.

Some of the later things, such as the Discipline Universe are important, but not listed here either.

(That would be Ben Epson, who would be drawn as Dareg Canton, but with green hair and eyes. Remember, Ben has the colored hair, as does Will Baker. This is probably why it was confusing. Also why I need ot break things up into different pen names. This is really too much informtation to foist on people in one giant gulp!)

:)

Tahg
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Tahg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 pm

TL;DR skip down to the end.

Sounds good to me, but ya getting details right is probably good if you're going for that? I've read 50 books in about 41 days, so...things have kinda run together a bit for me as well. I do plan on going back through and pulling out what facts I can, starting with the YA series. The wiki has a good start on that though.

I'm a bit confused on the publication order vs creation order, myself, if there is a difference. The introduction of the universes according to Amazon, and the website seems to agree is:
Keeley Thompson (Demonverse)
Infected
Dead End
Gwen Farris
Young Ancients
Lament (not sure if this set within the multiverse)
Other Places
---- This brings us through 2012
and *finally*
Alternate Places in 2014
---- plus
Discipline
Tony Winters (not in the multiverse, best I can tell)

Were some titles re-released or not published for a long time? I don't know if/how that affects dates. Also, as above, this doesn't include every series, but does include every *universe* I think, with the exception of a handful of standalone books. I personally consider the demonverse as a "main" universe, since that probably has the most books written for it, but in the overarching storyline of there being an infinite number of them, it's a bit tricky. Prime usually indicates the first I think, but these are all parallel basically, so it depends on your POV.

-----------

At any rate, none of this really matters at all for fan-art IMO. There are distinct places in each universe, and the IPB base is as good as any. If you want a ship scene though, maybe try the "Return of the Ancients" scene from YA:17? Canon wise, you're *probably* not going to really find a scene with Tor and Timon, they don't exactly hang out together a lot. You might try Tor and Ali, or Timon and Trice, or Timon and (I want to say) Taman at the IPB. For the last pair you could have them coming from a pod at the IPB, I think that scene may have actually happened too, those are the 12ft tall red boxes Dareg has been distributing.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”