Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The next Young Ancients...

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

The next Young Ancients...

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm planning to start work on that one tomorrow, for release early next month. Obviously, vacation is going to set things back from the normal schedule a bit. :)

I'll try to keep things flowing in a smooth fashion however, so that there isn't too long of a wait between the books people actually want to see next. Even though we're totally going to be seeing new works as well. Stand alones and such.

Possibly even inside existing series? That could work for a few of the tales I have in mind. Rather than pushing for three books on a story that needs one long one? (Just thinking out loud here. That would probably work best inside The Infected, right now...)

obnesence
Early Reader

Re: The next Young Ancients...

Unread postby obnesence » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to reading the next Young Ancients novel. I tell everyone about this series. So happy. :-)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:01 pm

to be fair, I wasn't down on Tony as much as uncertain if it would sell that well or not. So far...

Kind of slow. Not horrible, given the genre switch though.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm

I might have to not do the next book as a young ancients novel. It's more of a cross over...

Any ideas about how to frame it that way? Should I do YA if the character is from that universe or start a new "crossover" universe series?

Any suggestions would be great.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Both?

Something like Title: (Name of multiverse): YA: Book 1
Then the next can be like... Title: (Name of multiverse): Other Places: Book 2 and then Title: (Name of multiverse): alternate places: Book 3

Is that too long for a book title?

So I guess it depends, if you want a multiverse series, maybe something that shows the origin of the main character and keeps the books in order. Unless that's too complicated?

If book order won't matter so much, maybe just with YA. If the multiverse series will have several characters with different world origins maybe just the multiverse name. Whatever that is.

Wow, I bet I didn't help at all... LOL

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

My only idea is that if you are not going to explicitly declare it part of YA, then go light on pulling in YA references, even if the protag is YA. Perhaps name it after the protag or a salient characteristic of his or hers, or a goal.

For existing readers, at least, it may not matter. If you trust an author's work sufficiently, you tend to leap first and ask questions later, if at all.

In the end, I'm probably going to buy it either way. The books I haven't bought can be counted on one hand. ;)

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
davephipps
Early Reader

Unread postby davephipps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:34 pm

If it's a YA character, then I would say it would be a YA book. If it's another universe character in the YA universe, it would be something else. I guess? That's my two cents.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 pm

If this is the beginning of a new idea or arc of the overall story line, a combining of the multi-verse story lines, then perhaps something on the order of "Unification" or "The Reckoning" might work to let people know it is a crossover work that is completing the major story line. Subtitled YA or Alternate Places or which ever universe or maybe which ever character is involved.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am

Or explicitly state its two universes if it's too much in both... IE Young Ancients book 20 / Dead End book 6 - Tony Winters, Left Turn at Albuquerque.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”