Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:59 am

I've noticed that a handful of posts recently have commented on the names being misspelled at times.

Dale has been doing that intentionally...

He mentions doing it at the end of this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3065&p=7587

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:52 am

I admit that Dale's comment confused the hell out of me at the time and also worried me in that it would exponentially complicate the Wiki and its information (still not sure it won't).

I agree that it's going to be difficult separating the intentional spelling changes from the unintentional spelling errors. Hopefully, everything will be straight by the end (more or less).

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks, qHnED7SnYgQs! Like many of us, I've made my own list as well, and I'm happy to say it agrees with yours, although yours is more extensive - I didn't bother with Chris's study buddies or Viv, for example. It's great to get everything in one place.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:46 am

It may not be relevant but, if you notice some of the "universes" are very similar, others are quite different. I think Dale has allowed universes that are closer, in time or space to resemble each other more closely and those father apart, to diverge from each other. So we get different physical mixes of character identifiers. It could be that misspellings may be simply characters that are in " in-between" universes that didn't get picked up as one of his series. Or something like that.

Thanks for all the work, though. I couldn't have done all of that. And I'm still skeptical of Dale being able to keep it all under control. I don't think its humanly possible! But then Dale has never admitted to be entirely human, has he?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Hey all sorry I was so wrong! Been fighting off pneumonia and working busy 12 hour shifts. Brain fart.

The resulting comments and lists have been awesome and much fun to see! Excellent work!!!

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:40 am

It could happen.

I'm wondering if Olga from Infected is somehow related to Hilda from OP/AP - both having the neanderthal thing going on.

Also, Hobbs with his perpetual happiness and meditation being somehow related to Jake/Mickey, just another VGM, or another alternate? Having taken the kids feeds into that with the whole "being what his world needed" - it may have needed him to kidnap them to give his reality a future.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”