Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Re: Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:49 am

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Definitely seems like Cavindish to me.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:15 am

No, sorry, that just doesn't work.

First, Tyler isn't a vampire. Assuming you haven't read the Tyler stories yet, I'm not going to tell you what he actually is, but he definitely isn't a vampire.

Second, he never was a LARPer.

Third, he isn't a "bookstore clerk" by the end of the Tyler books.

Fourth, Tyler being Cavendish and Dareg being Don have both been explicitly and clearly established, so Tyler can't be Dareg, or Cavendish would be Dareg too, and that slot is already filled in that universe. (Just because things are already messed up with Doug and Mickey so that Dale will have to invent some explanation to "fix" that doesn't mean that doubling up other characters is fair game).

Fifth, there is a well established character called Ben, who was (is?) a LARPer, works full time as a clerk in Zack's bookstore, and who was in Eve's "future vampires" class the last time something was written about him. He also shares a number of characteristics with Ben Epson, and overall is a perfect fit for that slot. (Which, if you are considering reading the Tyler books, you already know, as you've already read the previous 13 Demonverse books, ending with the 3 Eve Benson ones, that are required to truly understand what's going on in the Tyler books, right?)

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:24 am

Sigh. Now that you've said that I remember what Cavendish/Tyler is from the previous Demonverse books. You're right. Damn, and I'm quite fond of my theories :P

No, I haven't read Eve or Tyler yet - I wasn't fond of Eve, but I was going to start on Tyler... I guess I'll have to fit Eve in first. My book count this year is up to 67, and I'd guess half of them are PS Power books - but I probably need to start notes the way things are going :P

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:10 am

The Keeley, Other Places (Zack), Eve, and Tyler books are really all so strongly connected that I would recommend reading them all in order:

[Demons 001.00 - Keeley Thomson 01.00] Demon Girl
[Demons 002.00 - Keeley Thomson 02.00] Keelzebub
[Demons 003.00 - Keeley Thomson 03.00] Mistress of Souls
[Demons 005.00 - Other Places 01.00] Shortcuts
[Demons 006.00 - Keeley Thomson 04.00] Demon Trap
[Demons 007.00 - Other Places 02.00] Road Blocks
[Demons 008.00] Friendzoned
[Demons 009.00 - Other Places 03.00] Detours
[Demons 010.00 - Keeley Thomson 05.00] Demon Bait
[Demons 011.00 - Eve Benson 01.00] Finally Dead
[Demons 012.00 - Eve Benson 02.00] Dead and Everything
[Demons 013.00 - Eve Benson 03.00] Dead Certain
[Demons 014.00 - Tyler G 01.00] Among the Living
[Demons 015.00 - Tyler G 02.00] Living Proof
[Demons 016.00 - Tyler G 03.00] Living and the Dead, The

Otherwise it can be really difficult to follow what's going on. (The majority of negative reviews for the Eve and Tyler books on Amazon are from people that haven't read the other books in the universe first and get confused about what's going on. I can understand Dale's desire to market them as independent trilogies to better reach new readers, I just don't think it's really working all that well as there simply is too much backstory in the previous books without which it's very hard to really understand what's going on.)

I don't think you can really form a good opinion about Eve from her appearances in the other books without having read the three Eve books. I'm relatively confident you'll enjoy them, and there are important and far reaching changes that affect the whole universe in them.

I was going to say there are 61 books Dale has published in this multi-verse so far since 2012, but then realized my count is off because I've been counting the Dead End series only as one book (Stories from the End of the World) instead of the 4 books that it actually is. So that makes 64 books in total (not counting any books he published that aren't part of this cross-realities multi-verse).

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:13 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:29 am

As far as I can tell, except for the Demonverse 4 & 5 books mentioned above, http://pspowerbooks.com/books.php?sort=BON lists all books in the correct order (even all the ones with the same publishing date) and the series and position assignments are correct.

In 3 cases where books have been published on the same day, the order (mostly) doesn't matter:

2012-02-21 [DE 001.00] A Very Good Man
2012-02-21 [GF 001.00] Abominations
2012-02-21 [DE 002.00] A Very Good Neighbor

2012-04-01 [Demons 002.00 - Keeley Thomson 02.00] Keelzebub - P.S. Power
2012-04-01 [YA 005.00 - Tor 05.00] Counselor - P.S. Power

2014-12-14 [Infected 009.00 - Brian 03.00] War Day - P.S. Power
2014-12-14 [YA 016.00 - Maria 01.00] Countess of Desire - P.S. Power

As they are from different series and do not contain any relevant cross-reality communications or visits.

I noticed that in cases where a book belongs to multiple series (or rather, what I refer to as series and sub-series) they are listed with the sub-series first, e.g.:

Shortcuts
Other Places - Book 1 / Demonverse - Book 4

The Living And The Dead
Tyler G - Book 3 / Demonverse - Book 16

Hush
The Infected: Ripped To Shreds - Book 1 / The Infected - Book 10

Personally I think it would make more sense to reverse that.

That would ensure that when sorting by series first, e.g. http://pspowerbooks.com/books.php?sort=SAZBON the books would show up in the right order, instead of e.g. the Eve Benson books before all the other Demonverse ones.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”