Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:49 pm

It may be that Pran's universe is no longer a part of the story line because Pran swayed the originally evil Michael Morisy to the good side and took the threat of the adversaries away.Thus saving her universe. If you notice the man that Ben killed was an analogue for him, even using the same name. Also, because of the use of the odd and often remarked upon weird ties they wore, a third analogue could exist - namely Teseract from the Infected series.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 am

But we allready know who Ben/Dareg is in the infected world. Unless Teseract is not an native.
Assuming one Person does'nt get Born into an world multiple times.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 am

Hey Korwin,

He was saying the adversary that Ben faced - the lawyer guy who could mess with time. They had a similar(?) name and were the enemy. Not Ben himself :)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:19 am

Yes, even though there hasn't been any cross-reality interaction yet, Lament is supposed to be part of the overall Multiverse.

In Shield of Innocence (AP 4) Gwen's body is identified as being Kaitlyn ("Kate", AP) and Marcia Turner (Infected), and Kaitlyn (AP) as Kaitlyn (Demonverse).

In Commit (Discipline 3) Ben identifies Gwen (in the body of Kathrine) as being Mags (body wise).

In Kindred (YA 19 - Dareg 3) Gwen's body is identified as being Patricia (Trice).

I'm currently re-reading all books with clear cross-reality interactions and am working on a spreadsheet to record all cases where people across realities have been clearly and explicitly identified as being a similar person (not truly the same, or realities would collapse if they met).

Merilee ("Merry", Dareg's mother, from an unnamed reality) is Merriland (a Forten, from the YA reality). Which are both essentially unpowered (Merry's abilities come only from the implant). In Kindred, Merry is identified as being "Scott's mother", which is Mary Wyrdcraft (first mentioned in Proxy: Reunion [Infected 4 - Brian 2], from another reality, not sure it has been named) who is inherently powered (teleportation, cross-reality).

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Yeah, the whole danged thing drove me nuts! But in The Lament Series, being only three books long, the information content was rich and compact. If you paid attention to character description and relevant dialogue about a character, after reading some of the other series, it was fairly apparent who was who. Or who was an analogue of who. However that works!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Okay, if I remember, Mickey Sure Shot in the Infected series is in actuality Jake ( Mickey Robeson ) from TheDead End Series. At the end of the compilation book Dead End : stories from the end of the world ( the additional short stories part) Mickey, via time travel goes to the infected series in his natural form. And so let the confusion begin! Whose body, whose mind, who's on first, what's on second I don't know - third base!

For fun : google - who's on first abbot and costello

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Cousin Doug from Alternate Places...

I think you're all thinking Doug
from the Infected series.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”