Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Kingdom of Stars

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Kingdom of Stars

Unread postby brainsniffer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:37 am

Wait, you marry his girlfriend, decide the person in his head is evil without evidence, he quits building because he's worried about the flood of powers in the world so you make millions of devices to take up the slack, threaten to sleep with his wife, decide to cut him out entirely from saving the world even though he's been fighting this fight much longer and saved it many times, and you convince everyone your brother is the evil one.

Timon is a bit of a dick.

I wish we were seeing more of Tor at this point, overwhelmingly my favourite character of this reality and no more books of him to look forward to so far. Plus, none of his side so far. He can't just be baking? 70% through and I get why no one likes Timon or Trice.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Kingdom of Stars

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 am

Please withhold judgement until you at least finish the first arc. You still have a couple of books to go. Yes, we've all had a few issues with the plot twists. But if you keep going you won't be as disappointed with the results. I, personally, took issue with Mr. Power for what he was doing to poor Trice ( I'm in love with her,...don't ask questions!) But everything turns out for the best. (Sorry, no spoilers.) Keep reading, its all going to be okay.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:29 pm

Tim has a bit of personal growth to go through, Tiera too, though I can't remember how far this book is in so I won't go into any details here.

I don't think it was his idea to marry Trice, it was Trice's. He could have let his brother's girlfriend marry an abusive prick instead.

I don't remember him actually wanting to sleep with Alyssa, just giving Tor shit because he's angry.

Ronald is obviously crazy, Sara is clearly the one to love here... although I wouldn't kick Trice or Maria out of bed. LOL

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 am

Well, I'm up-to-date now and yeah, Sara's book was my 50th for this year so far :) Looking forward to the new Dare book.

Still a bit evil of Dale to have Dare call up Tim and get a naked Ali on it, with Trice, so we don't know if he hooked up with Ali or she was just there with Trice...

Anyway, yeah really enjoying the series, now reading the Dead End books, read Alternate and Other, and the Keeley... I'll run out of series soon, but I'm not sure I can keep up with Dale's writing them still ;)

Seriously though, incredibly impressive how well scaled the power growth is through these series, and yet the Adversary still feels like a powerful enough enemy in its mystery that it feels like it's worth aaaaaall of what our heroes are becoming to face it.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:46 am

Totes shipping Dare and Tam-Unit too... Darnit?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Dear Mr. or Ms Sniffer, Brain, if I may, if you haven't picked up the entire series of Dead End yet, please be advised that if you pick up a single book entitled "Dead End - stories from the end of the world," you'll get the entire series and additionally, a few shorts about the series from some of the other characters' perspectives. Its a sweet deal! Hope this reaches you in time, if not, buy it anyway. The extra short stories give hints into Dale's master plan to blow our collective minds by integrating all of the story lines from all of his series into one. Don't know if you're aware that characters from all his series (or their analogues ) are appearing in all of the other series as walk-on or even as other main characters. They are! There are hints all over. But they're subtle. The short story at the end of the Dead End compilation book is a dead give-away.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Mister. Thanks for that - yep, definitely picked up the deal - though I wouldn't have been upset getting the books individually. The price point Dale has on them makes them a real steal for the enjoyment I get from them, and I'd be happy to support him that way, but I enjoy getting a deal when I can get a deal, y'know? Also, those bonus extras.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I should be throwing spoiler tags because some people may only be reading a single storyline or two but I figure that most on the forums would be ahead of me.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the crossovering, solely because keeping separate universes makes things bigger, and bringing things together makes things smaller and infinitely more complicated. That being said, the breadth of what Dale has set up is madness, and I can appreciate a good bit of madness. I am wondering what the field will look like after what's ahead. If we're looking at big battle, or lifetimes of small battles - if it will take place in one world or many or new worlds or the void. Possibly all of it, everywhere, everywhen at the way things are going.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 pm

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:28 am

Yeah, I'm probably just going to stick to the series order to be honest. Just finished the second Dead End book though, so there's that.

That being said, I would far and away recommend Other Places, Young Ancients and this series over Alternate Places, which seemed really bleak to me, or Discipline, which again, a bit of a slog of negativity - even if it's me projecting... but yeah, those two were hard.

I got the Infected books because deal, and because I am enjoying the storylines and how they build nicely and are pretty fun for the most part, but I'm not going to lock myself down to any published order now - it wouldn't make sense given how much I've read and there aren't so many spoilers between the series yet... and I've now read all those excepting the last of course, of the strict ordered ones. It'll become difficult if Dale keeps to a cross-world scenario and doesn't have a crossworlds/multi-dimension series I guess to make that clean... but I hope all our faves get some service, I'm sure a lot of us like different people.

And really, Kolb? That's mean.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”