Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Questions I would Love to have Answered - some spoilers

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
cwilfo
Early Reader

Questions I would Love to have Answered - some spoilers

Unread postby cwilfo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:53 pm

I am new to P.S. Power's books and started with the Young Ancients series. I quickly found that I was hooked, I read all 18 books in a little over 2 weeks. One thing that has driven me nuts and might have been why I couldn't put down the books was all of the things left unanswered or not finished (I have considered rereading the books so I could make a list of them and see what gets answered). I am a very curious person so having to wait for something to be answered is almost torture to me. So the following are a couple of items that I have been wondering about since I finished the first 18 books. If anyone has any thoughts on any of these or any that they are wondering about, I would love to hear them:

1. Ali saying that she was fond of Tor and that she didn't love him. (This is the one that really bugs me, not really sure why)
2. When Dareg was meeting with the Queen, Karina and I think another, he was not invited to dinner and a planning session for the new danger they faced. I never understood why he wouldn’t be invited since he had the amulet and had been involved in every contact. Also the queen would never answer him when he asked if he was invited several time, didn’t get that either.
3. When Trice gave Sara a look in a meeting that was a sign that they needed to meet, which never seems to happen. Or when Tor is talking to his son in Vagus (I think) and he starts to tell him something and stops.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: Questions I would Love to have Answered - some spoilers

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Those are some big questions cwilfo!

It's been a bit since I last read some of the YA series, but don't worry! Someone here will at least be able to work with you on it.

Thanks for joining the site and we hope you continue to enjoy all the books/series that Dale has to offer. :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:43 pm

1. isn't all that surprising. He rescued her, married her to keep her safe, helped to put down her tormentors, and put down her father. He's rich, successful, a builder, made her a builder, and listens to her opinions. Problem is, love can't be dictated, sometimes it just isn't felt. So she's commited to him, cares about him, but doesn't love him. I was always bugged by the other side of it as well, Sara loves the hell out of Tor, and Tor just kind of likes her. Stuff happens.

2. Got me on this one, I don't have a clue why, except it will be all about politics.

3. I"d guess they met off page, no reason Dareg had to be there for them to meet, and he wasn't with them the whole time right? THe second one I know, Dale posted what it was here that Tor didn't get around to telling Dareg, and if you want to know what he was going to say, I'd advise reading other places, and then alternate places. Reason being, the answer to that question is a major spoiler to the fourth book in alternate places. Far be it from me to ruin that series for you. HOnestly, if it were me I'd just read all his books in release order, and skip around between series like those of us that have been reading him for years. Also between book three and four of alternate places, the eve benson and tyler series plays in from the other places universe, which book four has spoilers about. So really, reading one series at a time instead of all of them in book order, may kind of ruin certain things. I hadn't even mentioned the keeley books, which tie into other places... until now. So, in a nutshell, read by release instead of series, because they all tie together. More now, for the new ones, than the older series.

If you don't care about any of that, go ahead and message me and I'll tell you, but the other series are definetely worth a read.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:55 pm

As for scrarch-my-head question #2, I think most of the cast except Tor doesn't trust Dare yet. Remember how Sara even started an argument with him about trusting him. Its going to take some time for everyone to fall in line that way. Also remember who (what) his mother was. More trust issues.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Yeah. but no one knew what his mother was until the end of book two, but I agree with the rest of all that.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:41 pm

The answers really are already on this page.

Also recall, Dare is fourteen. That would be a bit like promoting a kid at eighteen to Prince of a foreign land, with no training for it, and then inviting him to the war meetings.

:)

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:04 am

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:26 am

That last is true of any powerful individual. In any system. They either play ball with you, or you kill them. That is part of reality. Which is also affecting the rest of things here.

Dare seems to have a lot of responsibility, but the truth is that is only true as far as his abilities are the thing getting him there. The only thing he was given really was control of the ports. Which he is doing for free... and no one else cares about all that much.

Delivering jump ships? Pretty big, true, but it's still only being a courier. The stuff with the new fleet? He's literally only there because he was the one that could pilot the jump ship to the correct location.

Now, don't get me wrong, he's awesome. That doesn't mean the fate of the world hinges on him from the perspective of everyone else. Nor should it.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:21 pm

I really can t speak for the author, ( I mean, Da!e knows best !) But one thing I've picked up on, is that Dareg is very deferential to his command line abilities. He doesn't want to unduly influence anyone with his ideas. Therefore doesn't insist on being part of everything that goes on. It was a decision he made early on after being warned by Alice Orange. It may be why he doesn't question the others as to why he's being sort of left out. At least that's what I felt? I know he has the inside-out shield for that, but I don't think he relies on that too much.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:44 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”