Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Lineage discussion SPOILERS allowed

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
RedWolfeXR
Intermediate Reader

Lineage discussion SPOILERS allowed

Unread postby RedWolfeXR » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:55 am

I guess I just wanted to point out that Lyone and Bill were obvious plants to me, they didn't fit the Spy template either so I wasn't terribly shocked by their behavior.

I also figured that Kolb was going to die as soon the final fight started, because he is the best fighter remaining and him being killed is a perfect setup to how powerful these characters are. I am still someone confused about why 1) they exposed themselves when it wasn't needful or 2) why they need any help from their "fleet" given their advantages. Kolb was also one of the last "old" ancients that talks a lot about the past, too. Orange never mentions it. Exposing themselves serves the story interest more than their "Adversarial" interests, really. Maybe it will make more sense when we get to know the Adversaries better.

More than a bit miffed at Karen though, considering her character had JUST been Ancientized and had Julie's legacy ability as well. Within a few chapters of the amulet to control her pheromones being introduced. (I liked Julie as a tragic character, really didn't appreciate Karen going there too)

I see what is up with Erid, it goes with Straghan and Karen - and Johan being "not likely." The High Servants no longer HAVE any leadership. His character was not particularly memorable, just in the way.

Anyway, thats all I took out of Lineage. :)

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Re: Lineage discussion SPOILERS allowed

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 am

I'm not convinced the dead characters will stay dead. The moment time manipulation comes into play, especially when things like "existing in all times" are brought up, all bets are off where timeline continuity are concerned.

This is the third book/series to explicitly mention threats from alternate dimensions. Who knows (other than Dale) what will happen if the various character copies from the other worlds somehow interact. The obvious (to me) solution is for the various copies to have a shared consciousness to exist in all timelines at once (temporarily, even if for a split second) to eradicate the new threat in the same instant.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 am

I don't know. I thought the creature revealed itself to gloat, cause fear, and very basically show off. Up until then they hadn't lost a fight, so it probably wasn't worried about tipping its hand. Just wanted a little fun before it killed them all. That seems very consistent to me.

LrgShadow
Early Reader

Unread postby LrgShadow » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm still confused who Daretg's mom is. I thought Maybe it was the lady he hung out with when he couldn't get into the kings party, way back then. But i honestly don't think the timeline works out.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 pm

I think the adversaries were trying to use Tor, or actually Tor's offspring, Dareg, to create an insider in the Ancient power structure to either spy on or undermine the group. Dareg's mother , Marilee was an Adversary copying Mariland of the fleet to seduce Tor for that purpose. However, Tor's magic dominated in Dareg and at least up to this point in the story, has turned Dareg to the good side. But what happens when Dareg's missing mother returns? Will his love for his mother jepordize the safety of himself or others? Will Dareg be required to make a life changing decision? Tune in next time when.... Oops 'scuse me. Didn't mean to get carried away. Anyway, yeah.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Ron, I think LrgShadow is asking where Tor met his mother, and knocked her up. Below are a series of reminders that might ring a bell, can't tell you exactly.

It was the woman he was washing dishes with, during the whole flood thing, it was the next day after saving people, and he helped bake stuff for the survivors. can't remember which book, but Marilee hit on him after that. Hmmm, he also built his first flash light, while flying in the dark looking for people? It was right around then. Damnit, now I need to read all the books again...

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:07 am

I "think" it was in Counsler... he was already married to Ali but that was still pretty new. A flood at his grandmother's in Canton's County? Tor was helping to wash the dishes from all the fish soup everyone was eating and Merilee kept bumping into him on purpose to get his attention. I may be wrong..... David if you re-read them let us know which book it was. ;)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 am

From the Counselor:

"It turned out she was fine with all of it, especially once she found out that Ali followed the noble rules, meaning there wouldn't be any trouble for her later over it and it only took about half an hour, since she was eager, if not overly skilled. She wasn't married herself, and didn't plan on it, so felt free to do as she pleased. Normally she made her way doing odds and ends, making baskets mostly, but also taking in sewing work and doing the odd turn as a shop girl in town. It was an unusual life, but it made her happy.
“Plus it means that if I find a pretty thing like you to play with, I can and no ones to say otherwise, but the frigid busy body squad. You know, the old ladies that don't have much use for sex, couldn't get wet in a rainstorm, and feel that if they don't like it no one should? Maybe we can do it again before you leave? You're very good at it.” She actually sighed happily and kissed him again."

:)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:29 am

So... did you actually PLAN that event being as important later as it turned out to be now when you wrote it, or was it a happy coincidence that you could use when you started writing the Second Cycle?

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:27 am

I'm guessing he planned it... If I remember right she was really bad at flirting, inept, so much so Tor even noticed, which is a miracle in itself at that point since he was still green and a virtual slave. I'd guess the flirting was inept because of what she was.

The second clue was that it happened at all, there aren't that many sex scenes with the people he falls for and spends time with in the series, I doubt he added a random hookup for no reason at all, I remember wondering about it at the time because there seemed to be no plot connection to it. Kinda random, like I said, except a whole bunch of books later it makes sense.

So Dale, am I crazy or right? Ermm, I suppose that's flawed logic, I could be both crazy and right... Let's go with right or wrong.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”