Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Lineage discussion SPOILERS allowed

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Re: Lineage discussion SPOILERS allowed

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:00 pm

See, that's the sort of thing I LOVE hearing about - what stuff was part of the original outline that you made for a book/series, and what stuff took on a life of its own and took you in an unexpected direction.
I'm actually trying to figure out exactly when Zack ran into Tor in Tor's timeline...anyone have insight there?
Thanks,
B

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Who says it even happened for him yet? I don't even have a guess.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Sure, I know when it happens for ZACK, I'm wondering when it does for TOR. And no, you're right, I have no reason to believe it's happened yet at all...didn't mean to imply that I thought it had. I'm actually leaning the other way.
B

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Good call, I didn't make the Second City and operations bases connection. Thanks!

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm not sure about the operations base, but I do know there are two cities on the moon, and Dareg has been in charge of the space port in Noram since he stumbled over Tam-unit. Notice he says operations base first, but then says it's really just a space port outside the city. So... same thing.

So it's possible it happened already, although my gut agrees that it hasn't happened in the YA second arc's timeline yet. I also remember Dale mentioning he had second thoughts about what happens in Shield of Innocence, that the other realities weren't quite ready for it, so that's why my gut says it hasn't happened yet.

Speaking of important things, I want one of those, my very own tam-unit. LOL. I'd never have to cook again, or take out the trash, or even work.

Nah, no Tam-unit for me, I'm lazy enough as it is.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Man, you're not fooling about the Tam-unit - the awesomeness of it OR how lazy it'd make me. That goes for a lot of their toys, really. I'm not sure there'd be much point to life without having to work for something...the moon people have got to be bored out of their minds. I mean, sure, there's a bunch of businesses and the port and whatnot, but it sounds like they've got a decent-sized population, and when you've got magic that'll cook and clean, and everything you might ever need is free to the asking, there isn't much of anything to strive for. I'd imagine everyone'd try to be a builder just so they'd have something to do with their time. Either that or basically be a town-sized school where you're constantly auditing new subjects.
Well, all of that OR turn into lazy Americans like me.

And on building, I got thinking about Sam's assignment that Dareg needed to come up with 100 new build ideas, and decided to do that myself. Honestly, beyond housing, food, clothing, shields, transport, and communication, there's nothing else that really NEEDS to be built. I came up with a hundred of them, but it took me a long time, and most of them were fluff, like building shield-TP (drop it in the toilet and it deactivates!) hot tubs, voicemail, text messaging, and alarm clocks. Out of everything I came up with, more than half of it would mean less work available for people, though.
There were a few things that I think would actually help out, of course, like an auto docking feature on ships or in ports to improve safety and speed things up, or teleportation rooms (walk into an airtight room that has a greatly expanded jump shield with someone to operate it, shield everything you want to move, pump out the air so it's vacuum outside of the shield, then jump to another airless room on, say, the moon, or Austra.)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”