Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

It's out!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: It's out!

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:42 am

There are a few people that dislike the fact that I use questions in the text portion.

It IS atypical, and done on purpose, but not everyone enjoys the same thing. Still, I'm not going to change my way or writing for one or two people. Or Really, for anyone in particular.

It isn't that I don't want them to be happy, just that I really can't see how following the rigid rules of the publishing industry is going to help anyone become a better person. Or make a story better, all the time.

You know what I mean?

:)

So, if you dislike the way I write, I'm sorry that it's the case. It seems a very minor point to me, and is done to remind people that the person being show is a thinking being that has to figure things out. Yes, it really is strange, for third person imperfect, but hey, if you want normal...

RedWolfeXR
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby RedWolfeXR » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:31 am

I do feel that the interior monologue of too many characters bleed into each other. (you could take the names and book-specific concept out and the dialogue would be pretty much the same) I could be given a paragraph like that and would immediately realize it was a PS Power character. I still read them, and find the situations interesting enough that I can accept variations of the same character mindset.

Its not as annoying to me as another short story author who never has a character from ANY background that says "Sure" or "OK" -- always full formal sentences. "I will" or "I am he" -- its fine if you have specifically formal character (or culture) but someone working a diner in some unnamed small town? Someone soaked in WAY too much formal english in college.

I can usually turn off my internal technical advisor. It does sometimes get in the way of very complex societies like YAs. It works much better now with high magic.

that would be me
Early Reader

Unread postby that would be me » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:47 pm

whomightub3, seriously? There are some other books I can recommend for you. The Cat in the Hat, Dick and Jane to name a couple. These may prove to be less of a intellectual burden for you.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”