Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Teleportation?

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Teleportation?

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 am

I know sometimes I get bogged down in triviata, but after thinking about it, if a jump ship or person, were to drop into quantum space to move into another reference point, then expand into reality again, they would simply push any non-conforming piece or part out of the way. Simple, and reality based. Ta-Da!
(Funny thing, when I typed ta-da, my auto-correct put in Ta-Dale.)

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:56 am

There is the possibility the field covers that for smaller objects as well. The only worry seemed to be planetary objects, such as jumping inside the Earth or Moon.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:00 pm

The expand into reality thing is iffy considering how the communications work. When the sound waves are made on the other device does it displace all the air that would be needed or is air brought along with it which then is a transmission issue for nano's or virus's. As an artificial wave you cause both to exist in two places or realistically the potential for it and then collapse the wave side you do not want. If it is just doing that with much more complex information sets then pop, teleportation which is what we are doing with sound, pictures, and matter. We did get some hints from Sara with her new Ancient 2.0 senses...

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Um, not sure John. Thinking on an atomic scale, there is a great deal of space between atoms and sub-atomic particles, basically due to Van Der Wahl forces, the weak and strong atomic forces. That's what seems to prevent two physical objects from occupying the same place. Although I'm not up on quantum physics I believe a certain symmetry would follow with quarks and other simular particles. That being that no two particles, of any mass anyway, would be prohibited from occupying the same space. In my arm chair physicists opinion, anyway.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 pm

It pretty is much all armchair here too. Getting quantum effects to work on a macro scale for testing has been a challenge for decades. Molecular, atomic, and sub-atomic has been easy compared to that. Considering that Noram magic is based on information and directed intent, and hints here and there by different builders. I would have to say quantum or holographic effects. Tiera pointed out some things about energy specifically heat(random dispersed energy), that you could instruct it to be on or off at any point. No need to redirect or store it, just change its state. Not exactly zero point energy but the same effect. The explosive device does nothing but give matter in an area zero or low inertia and a spherical vector for that.

---Taarna
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:48 pm

It's interesting to note, that Dale' s ideas about organizing molecular and atomic direction like his explosive devise and other weapons aren't impossible as described. In general reality particles travel in random direction. However, they don't have to. There is no law of physics that says that , for example, all the air molecules in a room couldn't suddenly move in the same direction to fill just one side of a room and leave the other side a vacuum. Glad it doesn't happen but it could. Dale' s wizards have found a way to direct that motion, wish we could. But I've often wondered if that sort of process might be responsible for some unexplained phenomena like spontaneous human combustion, things like that. Weird, huh.

Larry Zarus
Early Reader

Unread postby Larry Zarus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Saw this posted on another forum, and thought it reinforces this as being theoretically possible:
Entanglement on a Chip: Breakthrough Promises Secure Communications and Faster Computers
www.osa.org/en-us/about_osa/newsroom/ne ... ses_secur/

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Entanglement is a weird spooky piece but may cover a lot of what we are referring to. The only missing piece is how to program the entanglement to one or more particles. It is one of the few pieces that violate relativity as we know it. I guess once we start understanding the building blocks and how to fit them together we will get the same burst of technology that chemistry brought us.

---Taarna
Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Btw are they ever going to make those shields Tor planned before his Duel with that noble he crippled first, the one raping little kids?
I mean the ones that would make people stronger and faster, with mental feedback.
They could make an army of super soldiers that way.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”