Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Gray vs Cordes

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Gray vs Cordes

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Minor Spoilers:

Why would Cordes be killed off for creating a stratified society of slaves and masters but Gray gets away with creating a society of virtually the same thing.

Under Cordes' rules, most of the commoners are highly unlikely to ever see a noble, much less interact with one. While they're not exactly free thanks to the genetic tampering, they're left more or less alone.

Under Gray's rules, men are little more than a potted plant the women occasionally have sex with for breeding purposes. They have little motivation to do anything other than stay silent and out of the way; they have no hopes or dreams.

In my way of thinking, Gray's rules are far more evil than Cordes. At least under Cordes, the peasant class can have a life and a family even if they have to live under the threat of a psychotic noble from time to time. Shouldn't she have been killed off just like Cordes long before she became a problem?

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Re: Gray vs Cordes

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Read on....

Or do you really want some input now?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 pm

If it's resolved in a future book (reading roughly a book every day and a half or so), then I'll wait for the explanation. I just thought it odd that they would punish him for creating such a society but leave her for doing something worse.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Cordes' demise wasn't only for the system he set up as you'll find out later. As John said - read on

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:48 am

I get the feeling Cordes initiated a purge that killed millions to force his changes while Gray allowed her changes to occur through attrition.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Close, but not complete. Frankly, not depraved enough. Cordes was really f-ed up. At least the original. Ok, ' nuff spoilers.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:18 am

Even without Cordes' issues, it would make much more sense that Cordes would be overthrown than Gray. Think about it: which society is more militaristic, fuedal, and prone to internal discord? Gray made all her children docile -- the men are simply treated as inferior, but by docile women. The populace of Noram was always more susceptable to rebellion.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Except that Noram isn't all that militaristic where the rest of the world is concerned. Yes, they have some internal problems, but they've never shown much interest in global conquest. They have some petty squabbles amongst themselves, but nothing that amounts to large scale warfare. Even the rebellion is pretty tame. Hell, the one formal war that we saw (between Austra and Noram) had no battles and was started by Gray through Serges. Even the new War of the Ancients seems to be mostly driven by Gray than Cordes (although I'm only half way through book 12, so that might change as I read more). Too, the docility isn't much of a factor; a nice prison guard is still a prison guard. When you come down to it, the Gray Method of Control is all about eugenics and loss of free will for 10-20% of the population. The males don't get to choose who they marry or live with. They don't get to chose their profession or even receive a rudimentary education. Even their recreational activities are chosen for them. When a woman is done with them, they simply trade them away.

The Cordes Method of Control simply got out of control. The protection aspect warped in a superiority complex. Instead of the nobles viewing the commoners as people to protect they started to view them as servants. While the nobles have ultimate power and wield it at will, most seem to treat commoners with benign indifference. Only a few (that we've seen) are cruel. The commoners can receive an education and are able to choose their career and spouse.

Given Gray's propensity to use viral agents and is recognized as the lead genetic expert, she seems to be the most dangerous of the two. Given Noram's disparity between males and females, I'm inclined to believe Gray has already started on Cordes' territory. They try to rationalize as combat losses, but I don't buy it as both sexes participate in combat.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”