Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Trice's Dragon Amulet

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Trice's Dragon Amulet

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:04 am

I'm only on book 7 at the moment, so if this is explained later, tell me to shut up and read faster.

Spoilers if you haven't read to book 6.

Did Tor subconsciously do what Cortes did? The dragon to control Trice's rage is said to be made of "pure thought" although I'm inclined to believe it's also a part of Tor's soul since he's described as having a field that's weaker than a corpse. Is it possible that he's found a way to live, if not through another person, at least WITH another person?

MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Trice's Dragon Amulet

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm

I don't think it's the soul, I envision it like donating blood (part of his field) is transfered into each build. His body replenishes it quickly. But when making the dragon he was in a combat rage for over a week straight. I don't know. Good ideas tho :)

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:52 pm

I just think there's a lot more to that piece of magic than simply blocking her combat rage. It's rarely mentioned how the dragon interacts with anyone, but it's always with Tor and it seems to be a reflection of himself, at least to me. Maybe the next Tor (or Trice) book will shed a bit of enlightenment.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Hmmm, I haven't heard much more about it in all the books out. I do have a comment but not until you get current because it would be a major spoiler.

so shut up and read faster... LOL ;)

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:47 pm

It is just a shield to keep her power from setting off other people. Location 6102 in Counselor.

And being for Trice he went a bit overboard in it's presentation... :)

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 pm

It being a shield to block her rage is it's intention, that doesn't mean it doesn't have other properties.

For example, at the end of Ancient Kings (I'm reading Lord of the Sky ATM), the dragon waves to him after he tosses it back to Trice and then blows some flame. That can be taken one of two ways:
1) It was just a bit of playfulness added by the author
2) It has a deeper meaning of which we're not yet aware.

I'm inclined to believe the latter as the former is a bit out of place for such a tense and important scene. There's a since of gravity to that scene especially when Tor says "I stand by my decision" as if he's expecting potentially dire consequences.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 pm

And don't forget that Tor made a little pet for Rich for his second birthday party he did not get into that was supposed to be just as playful...

Also the mood temperature equalizers...

Read on...

---Taarna
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Well, I'm done with all of Tor's books, so I doubt there will be further explanation on any of those items in the Tim, Tiera, and Sara books. If so, so be it.

The dragon he made for Richard was a pre-programmed (more or less) item that was never seen again. They had some responses, but they could easily guessed.
The mood temperature equalizers were just an extension of that (or visa versa, I forget which came first). The effect could easily guess the feelings of the wearer, if not the reason for those feelings.

Trice's amulet was made half in a rage state and half in a super-deep trance state. In one of the books it was mentioned that Tor didn't understand the dragon's reaction to something, I forget the context. When he tossed the amulet back to Trice at the end of Kings, it waved at him in the air (at least I think that's how things went down). Shouldn't the item have been disconnected from his consciousness at that point? Whose emotions was it tracking?

It seems to me the amulet has a consciousness, if rudimentary and incomplete. Maybe bleed through from Tor? Cordes? Both?

Or maybe I'm reading WAY too much into this.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Wait till you get to Gerant's book.... :)

---Taarna
Tahg
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Tahg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Old posts, but new to me, so... The dragon is linked to Trice, not sure if that was clearly mentioned here, but it was in the story (somewhere, not sure I can easily find the book/chapter). That it stops her inducing combat rage in others has been mentioned. She doesn't rage herself, if that wasn't clear to anyone. It also tracks her emotions though, and she has a strong connection that way to Tor in particular. It's not really mentioned in the later books, so I'll assume Timon removed that aspect from her when he changed her. (Wild speculation I'm making up right at this moment). It *IS* known that she was changed by him (a new real arm and whatnot) but I can't recall what else if anything was mentioned.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”