Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Next Interim Novel (Sara Debri) coming in September!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Next Interim Novel (Sara Debri) coming in September!

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 am

The idea took my little mushy brain and is forcing me to do it next.

I should have that ready for pre-reading in about three weeks, but it won't release until mid September most likely.

Discipline is way behind, mainly due to my feelings about the subject matter and not wanting to end up one another Government watch list.

On a side note: Hello NSA! How have you all been?*

:)

*Yes, I'm kidding. The NSA doesn't watch me anymore than they do anyone else. I'm pretty much an open book, after all.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Next Interim Novel (Sara Debri) coming in September!

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this book. As far as the NsA goes I'm pretty sure they have listened to quite a few of my phone calls. I talk to a friend from Pakistan (who was deported) every couple weeks. I even throw a few comments in here and there to see if anything happens. If the black helicopters appear above my house I'll try to snap a few photos for the forums before they send me to the camps.

Before you ask he wasn't a bad guy or anything. He came to the US on a college visa and when he graduated he got a job running a corner store while working on getting his citizenship. One day he was inspected by the TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) and they found a couple cigarette boxes that didn't have a state tax stamp on them. It's only a minor misdemeanor but it was enough to get his application rejected. Ice showed up about a month later and arrested him. He was then held for a couple hearings before they sent him home.

Disclaimer: This post although true is meant for entertainment purposes only. On my behalf I would like to say I'm old enough to have went to school when we still had to say the pledge of allegiance and know all the words to the Star Spangled Banner. ;)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Yay! Sara book!!!!

I just assume that everything I do online is going to be seen by somebody so don't worry about it..

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Yes. We live in a time when you simply have to assume that anything you say will not only be heard, but recorded. That's a shame, since half of the privilege that used to be free speech involved the ability of people to learn from their mistakes and not be hammered twenty years later by what they used to believe.

Now, I fear, we are rapidly entering an age in which your opinion, no matter how in keeping with the current government, may well be considered wrong, and therefore punishable, by they next administration.

Today it's fine to be anti-Obama... But what if the next President feels that you saying that now is a threat to their rule? Or the one after that...

Things you said as a joke might well be taken out of context and used against you later. We've seen it before.

What was once a funny joke, that made sense at the time, may in the future be bigotry, sexism or hate speech. And you can't erase it. Not from the NSA database.

So, I write books and try not to say too much. It's still always going to be too much though. I know it. We all do.

Tax stamps...

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 am

tax stamps. This guy came here legally and went to college. Married a girl that immigrated from Mexico legally and has two native born children. Had a job and paid taxes with only a speeding ticket to his name before the incident. He spent all his time in Texas so if you talked to him on the phone you would think he belonged here more then I do with my midwestern accent. This guy was a immigrant success story that got screwed when some other people that cause nothing but problems get to stay. Now he has to wait 10 years before he can apply again. His wife has dual citizenship so they are going to try and find a safe place to live in Mexico until they can come back here.

Our country is a mess. Be you a Democrat or Republican things just aren't working. To be honest I'm not sure it really matters which side you pick. These politicians all change sides and positions based on what they think will get them elected anyway. The Monday morning quarterback media reports less on facts and more on the slant they want for the story be it left or right. Powerful lobby groups buy and sell laws that benefit their faction while the average American just has to eat it.

/folds up soap box and scurries off before anyone can get a good look.

(MarciaA had a bit of fun adding the soapbox smilies)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Ok, not really one to soap box much, but oh well. I'd consider myself moderately liberal and trying to keep an open mind. I feel this country has kept a conservative face and a liberal conscience for most of its history. However, lately the swinging pendulum of right/left opinion has been drawn so far right by the tea party/Fox nutjobs that when it swings back left it will glide straight through left wing radical, well into anarchy. Either that or fall off its Pivot Point altogether. We as a nation can not afford that. The President, before elected, was considered a liberal. After, he leaned so far right on his platform he appeared to be to the right of Regan. It's no wonder his approval rating has tanked. I'd like to see some more moderation soon or the divisiveness will cause even greater strain on on our cohesion as tenuous as it is. I can't believe so many lower income people believe the rhetoric of trickle down economics and vote in candidates at cross purpose to their own needs. It seems the best PR is repetitious sound bites(see Dale, "Unrelenting Terror" should have sold better). We will soon have such a schism in the have/have nots, that an economic war will almost be inevitable. Undoubtedly with someone like Sarah Palin retorting "well, let them eat cake." ... totally clueless.

My point is...please be more moderate, please think for yourself ,please listen to your conscience. You do have one... it's down there somewhere. Just listen closely.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Lol Marcia I love it. TY :D

Agreed Ron. 8-)

Now lets get ready for some Sara. For my money this is going to be the best YA book since Ancient Kings. I got 2 dollars and 37 cents burning a hole in my pocket that says so if there are any takers. Marcia being fair and impartial will be the judge of said literary content and render a decision within 10 days of the release of the book.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am

Yay Sara Book!

Get money out of politics or at least make it transparent! Always say to the right extremists, "I thought this country was great enough to heal it's sick, feed, it's hungry, and house it's poor. Guess not..."

OW!!! Damn, just fell off my soapbox... :)

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 pm

This conversation probably seems to be coming out of left field. (or right field? Depends I guess...)

However, a major sub-plot/theme of the coming book, (working title "Pain Maiden" Which in case you missed it is the name of Sara's ship. Because...) is immigration, cultural integrity and people feeling forced to alter their traditional way of doing things in order to survive.

There are some politics involved, but not left/right division really. Because... boring.

:)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm

twips182:

Actually, I liked Gerent's book better than Ancient Kings. :)

I hope it will be good, but a lot of this is really scene setting and clean up for the last series, before we start into "Age of the Young Ancients". Yeah, that's right, they get their own age.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”