Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

*SPOILERS* Envoy to Earth discussion.

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: *SPOILERS* Envoy to Earth discussion.

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri May 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Got back too late to add my two cents in, but yeah, what Dale said. Also, this book wasn't really about Tor, or for that matter the last couple weren't. It seems Dale has something planned for Tor in the future something a little more in depth, so, let's hold our judgement before we reserve that rubber room. Or diapers. It surprises me though, that Gerent took command as easily as he did. I guess someone needed to step up;everyone else seemed too wrapped up in their own thing to get anything done. I'm not sure all these relationships will stand the test of time, I guess we'll see. Thank you Dale, awaiting the next installment.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Sat May 03, 2014 10:57 pm

I would not count the Deeper Tor out yet....

Just that he was a bit off now.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Okay, REALLY late reply here

If I got this right then Tor, as a real independent person is 2 years old. A Toddler in the body of a man, with abilities and knowledge of a far older person plus loads of power, enough to destroy pretty much anything especially since he's apparently still the only one capable of making a few billion constructs at once. Before it was mentioned that he never developed morals of his own and then, when he realized that the way he read people had been completely wrong a certain King stepped in. The only things that hadn't been programmed into him or otherwise influenced were...baking and building I guess. So now what we've got is a top baker and builder who has been described, due to his field, as inhuman and kind of scary by Tiera, who was never a Tor fan and is pretty convinced that they're all really normal people, not to mention she's never really scared of anything. Timon apparently thinks Tor a god anyway. Sets your teeth on edge.
We haven't seen much direct effect magic from other characters either and I imagine he has only become better at it. Nobody other than him is reading fields like he does either.

So...run away screaming, the baby god might lose his favorite teddy and destroy the universe? Oh and btw, you can't beat him in a fight, neither with magic nor weapons nor hand to hand and he'll know what you're planning if you so much as think about it with him around and he has no morals to tell him what would be the right choice plus he won't understand WHY you feel the way you do, he'll just know that you do and what you're thinking. OH, and before I forget! He has the command ability so people are likely to follow him if he announces that forming some organization or whatever is a GREAT idea.

Is it just me or is Tor pretty much the biggest threat to everything around at the moment? What's to stop him from turning off space stations, reducing all life on earth to dust in a few hours, building another 'off' switch like he did for all of his fields that he gave to the old ancients or whatever? I totally understand how the Noram nobles all felt towards a nice little Master Builder when Tor started reading fields. It really is scary. And all of that in the hands of a two year old. Or maybe two and two years of a half life? So 4 at best, even though Cordes pretty much controlled him most of the time when he did anything besides giving stuff away, building and baking. Or killing several thousand soldiers. Now that I think about it, it was never mentioned that he was really suffering from guilt for doing that...

Dale, what kind of Demon did you put right into the middle of a new beginning? And then in charge of the new superpower of the planet in all likelyhood, with all those mages in their quasi religious order...with their new god Tor at the top...oh dear. TAMAN is older than the real, free Tor!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:33 pm

No, Tor grew up with good values, family, tradition, kindness, lives have more value than anything.. he's just having a difficult time adjusting, Tor never interacted with people without the reterics (sp?) in place making him behave in a certain way. He never kills anyone unless it's to save someone else, then he will fight to the death and win every time. He can say no now, where he wasn't able to before. It will make a difference I think.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I agree with Marcia. Yes he could probably turn off every device on the moon at once and kill everyone, but he wouldn't. The part where you say he is unbeatable, so what, if someone came after you I'm sure you would kick their posterior if you could. The point there is that there is nothing wrong with self defense. No need to run, just don't try to kill him. Easy peasy. Apparently he'd rather be baking, and does unless someone asks him for help. Yeah, he may be a little unbalanced, but he's easy to avoid, just don't go looking for apple turnovers.

Don't forget Tim and Tiera can destroy all life as well. Maybe not as efficiently and as fast. But I would be more worried about them than Tor. Although for them, Tim has emotions now and Tiera controls her anger VERY well.

Besides, if they kill everyone there would be no more story... That would suck...

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:47 am

Cordes was a large influence that only grew after his rhetistics got turned off. I don't think we really know right now who Tor is. He was a baby when that happened with literally no personality of his own since his artificial one was gone. Dale could go in almost any direction and make it believable at this point. I don't know where that will be but I doubt he will be an insane cold blooded killer, that just doesn't track.

Of course that doesn't preclude stupid damaging decisions, but genocide? That's probably not on the table. We all know he made stupid decisions, after all he refused to sleep with Maria. Just boggles the mind. ;)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:37 am

I really don't know where Dale will take Tor next, but I have difficulty seeing Tor as having a core personality as anything darker than harsh benevolence. I'm confident Dale won't make him a new super villain. True, we've seen him go from whiney little girl to raging monster, but even that monster was not a megalomaniac. Tor is too much a "people person" to turn off the world, don't you think?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”