Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Reformated for your reading pleasure!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Re: Reformated for your reading pleasure!

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed May 07, 2014 4:52 pm

The one I am getting downloaded still says 2012 and only goes as far as Cast Iron in the Infected book list.

What should I be looking for to see if I get the latest?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm

You have me there. I need to get an updated list in everything, but that one just shouldn't have one at all.

So, anyone?

Have you asked Amazon customer service to push the updates through to you? (Not that it's a different book or anything, but it is a bit nicer looking.)

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu May 08, 2014 1:22 pm

after much searching on contacting them (they don't make it easy) I just sent off a letter. Will let you know what the reply is. It said it could take up to 12 hours for a reply.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu May 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks Marcia, I am interested in their answer on how to do this...

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Amazon Kindle Support.

I understand that you would like to get the updated content of the books. I will definitely help you with this.

I've sent the updated version of all the books in the series of The Young Ancient books. To complete your download, verify that your device is sufficiently charged and your wireless connection is enabled:

Any annotations, highlights, and bookmarks will be removed when updating your book.

To download the latest version of your book, verify that your device is fully charged and that you’ve turned on wireless, and then sync your device:

1. Tap the Quick Settings (cog) icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Tap Sync.

The previous version of your book will be automatically replaced by the updated version.

If you’d like to receive updates to your Kindle books that we have confirmed improvements were made in automatically, you can turn on automatic updates for your books from the Manage Your Content and Devices page.

Before you enable the Automatic Book Update feature, make sure Annotations Backup is turned on for your Kindle device or Kindle reading app to sync your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and furthest page read. Annotations Backup is enabled automatically on Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle for Android, Kindle for Windows 8, and Kindle for BlackBerry 10 and can't be turned off.

1. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) page.
2. Select "Automatic Book Update" from the left navigation bar.
3. Click Turn On.

Thanks for using Kindle.

Best regards,
Divyendu

Well I did the sync, then noticed my battery was at 17% so plugged it in to charge. I looked at The Builder, but w/o reading a few chapters I can't see any difference. Dale did you add chapter links or anything new? or are they re-edited only? Just can help me know what to look for in a difference. Will scroll thru the other books too, but after I let it charge up a bit.

I haven't gone through them enough to see if they're re-edited, but none have the chapter links or the website link at the end.. so not sure .... Dale what all did you reformat on them?

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri May 09, 2014 3:09 pm

has anyone else tried going through customer service???

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 pm

There is a linked Table of Contents in the front, after the title page.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm

ah, I removed them from my kindle device, then hit the sync again, they all redownloaded with the table of contents! YAY!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”