Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The World of the Young Ancients: Stand alone stories...

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

The World of the Young Ancients: Stand alone stories...

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:17 pm

All right then...

Gerent looks to be up first and I hope to have his tale out next month. I also want to try that Maria Ward limited release idea.

For those that have missed the idea, it's an erotic novel release, starting familiar characters, with a real plot, but also a lot of sex. Think slightly raunchy (graphic) "Anita Blake" level stuff. The main focus of the work is going to be sex, but it will be clearly marked, set at a price point that will discourage "prude buys" (which I will explain in a moment...) and only purchasable for a limited time. Perhaps more than once, but only by request of enough people, past the first one.

*That might change, if people don't have a problem with the concept.

While the story will be real, and cannon, it won't be mandatory reading for the rest of the series. So anyone that wants to skip it can.

Now, "prude buys", that sounds mean, but I'm not talking about people that just don't want to read about sex, or that would be embarrassed by reading such a work (Hi, Mom!). I'm talking about a very real phenomenon, of people choosing to buy and read works, simply to be offended and "outraged" at the "surprise" sexual content.

My take is that a well marked story should be enough to control for that, but it may, or may not, work that way. On the good side, most of those people tend not to be willing to spend actual money on anything much. So, I'll mark that book at something like $3.99 or so. If it isn't a problem, I might leave it up for people to get all the time.

After that I have no plans in particular for what will be next Young Ancients wise. I'm thinking that one more story might be nice, possibly too. A lot will depend on sales. My guess is that these will be pretty big, just to be honest about it. The Young Ancients has consistently been building in purchaser/reader base over time.

Chime in if you have ideas! Now's the time.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: The World of the Young Ancients: Stand alone stories...

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Might want to include something on the book's cover art about the nature/theme of the book to cover your "prude buy" bases. ;)

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Argy makes a good point with marking it as more mature then the rest of the series... Although I think about book 3 you did open the sexual flood gates a little and then seemed to back off for some reason. (Don't worry I won't say anything about how your mom chewed you out Dale :P)

I look forward to both books as well as the SARA book that will ramp things up for the second arc. Wise choices all around Dale.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 pm

My Mother was actually fine with that, though she did say that the scenes in Friendzoned were too much for her.

*Note, I don't gear my work to 70 year old women. Sorry mom!

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 am

Well ok then..I guess that whole thing with her after you with a rolled up newspaper was unrelated..my mistake..sorry for bringing it up :). On a side note the Fear of Clowns book comes out today right?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:11 pm

The scene with Ursula still sticks out to me because I was trying to figure out the logistics of a 69 with their height differences...

Petra, Collette, and Bonita scenes were all pretty subdued to me.

Karen was pretty intense but that had everything to do with showing how messed up she was because of her father.

And of course the fun one of Tor and Sara walking in on Alphonse, Ridley, Ursula, and Trice was detailed and funny because of the awkwardness. If you really want to think about it you need to wonder why they were using Tor's room.

Though I wouldn't mind getting more of those fantasy thoughts that Tiera picked up out of Sara....

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 am

I just want to make sure I am following the right thread here. Can we expect the new Gherent story this month (April)? To be followed by a Maria Ward story of moderate viewer discretion in the coming days? Sorry but i have been lurking and just signed up to ask this question.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:01 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:35 am

and will Dale please post the thread to buy the book or stories here so we can follow up and actualy get them. Since I actually buy ALL of the books Dale writes, I easily accept that some are more adult that others. Readers who buy stories so they can be offended by the contents, especially when clearly marked, should be confined to the 9th circle of hell. Or worse. Just sayin'

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”