Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

YA 2nd Arc Speculation

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
David
Voracious Reader

Re: YA 2nd Arc Speculation

Unread postby David » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah, a lot happened in the three Tim and three Tiera books, not to mention the Gerent book.

I am looking forward to seeing Tor in the drivers seat again, but you wont have a clue what's going on at all.

I'd also suggest trying Dale's other series, you are missing out on some good tales and entertainment.

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Okay, here my own thoughts:

Possibly a dumb question, but...all the people have their magic that's connected to minds and now...BOXY! Rebellion of the magic constructs? People doing incredibly stupid things because they feel nothing can harm them and they're almighty? That they should just curbstomp all other powers and should take over earth? Maybe humans on earth decide these new Ancients are gods (which they already kind of did...I mean, just the sentence from some random thug 'who do you think you are, the mighty Tor?' and then the in the future possibly most powerful wizard's nation Vagus basically declaring Tor their god. And Tor is revered by Tellerand for making the 'miracle' amulets and being seen as pious, so they might just decide that he's a prophet or, again, their god in disguise or something? It's also quite possible that our little immortal kids take over everything and become tyrants, everything controlled by their magic to the point that normal people can't exist without them - which might lead to extremist behaviour.

Btw, what would you do if you had a magical palace and all the shielding and food devices and whatnot you wish for, but what you really want is power over others? Think about how easy it would be for some moon-'natives' to go back to earth and go all 'me magic, me mighty, me rule over you insignificant magicless earthlings'?

Also you should think about this: everyone'd dependent on the people who live on the moon, who descend and make things right none of them could possibly accomplish. They're super beatiful, immortal, seem allmighty, shape the world in any way they please and boss their leaders and high level people around since any captain in space fleet could destroy, oh, a county, within minutes if they're upset with the leadership or maybe dislike the eau de cologne the butler used. The aristocrats of Noram were already scared to death of Tor when he just built a river and then kicked that despicable guy's butt who tried to kill off the Derring kid. What will everybody think of those people on the moon who could push the wrong button and wipe out the earth within minutes? The people on the moon don't need the earth! They can't be bribed in any way, no normal earth born human can impress them and if they wish the wizards could turn annoying people into frogs, change their brains, whatever. Plus I'm pretty sure Tor and Timon will eventually get rid of the Slave-Master genetic traits. There would be rebellions everywhere since just about everyone from the common class has been used, abused or whatever in Noram. And in Afrak they'll probably want to give the men their intelligence and freedom back. The ancients will want to completely reshape the land itself and the people in Soam. Vagus will become a huge country larger than Noram and Austra together that's full of wizards who benefitted from tor's command ability that turns out superior builders and teaching superior builders is pretty much all Tor will care about, aside from making sure everyone understands that every intelligent person can build at least a little. He won't stop until everyone can build. Millions of builders, the most powerful army anyone could possibly imagine, all of them convinced that Tor and the other ancients are their gods.
And Austra? The society they used to have just won't work anymore in the age of magic. I guess there will be a split between young people convinced that magic is everything and technology useless and old people who know that science, especially studying the environment, is still important and of worth.
Plus everything will get worse on the ground while up in space people will be richer than anyone has ever been - everybody will try to get into space somehow!
While in space...well, there will be those with work, something they like to do and those who can't do what they want because everything's already taken care of - of course those will become unhappy. Society always splits into classes, no matter what you call them. The rulers, the rich, the poor. On the moon the buolders will rule everything so the infighting between normals might become a problem?

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:39 am

There is still the issue of the treaty but we have what? 3 signatories still round?

Karina is leading up the Mars mission and I am sure there will be space stations around most of the inner planets quickly the only issue will be populating them. I do not think the treaty has any sway outside Earth and it's moon. Much of the populations have been decimated though Noram actually fairing pretty well probably because Cordes had a soft spot. Altering the genetics with the colonization going on may not be to hard...

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Orange was a signatory and I have to imagine Kolb and Doris were as well. They are all still alive.

---Taarna
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Yeah, the point I believe will be rebuilding the societies the way they (the new young ancients) think they should be, and all the problems they will have in that way.

The old treaty is dead, the old ancients with the exception of a couple are dead. The first arc was out with the old, I believe the second arc in a nutshell will be in with the new.

Ugh, talking about it, now I want the Sara and Maria books. Even itching for the start of Arc 2.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

I have to imagine more than just the rebuild. Tor did not seem excited to be taking Vegas and most everybody was pissed about Tamen getting Soam. Noram still seem to be in the best shape but they can easily play with the genetics of those immigrating to the space stations and other planets. It's a tough call to see if Timon made changes to the patterns of the Nobles he altered into ancients to remove the short bias. He was kinda pissed that Tor messed with his pattern, would it change what he does to others?

I don't think the ships are red herrings but may not be more than a side arc. I could easily see that they may be running from something that our new young ancients will need to step up to deal with. I am still dying to find out how bad ass a Goddess of the Moon class jump ship is in battle.

Though Kat going on about computers so much the idea of AI field patterns starting to emerge is kinda freaky. Boxy should not have had an instruction set to do those things, though there may be a stronger link to those fields to the person who generated the intent to add those patterns.

Just rambling a bit....

---Taarna
Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm

I just watched an old favorite movie of mine and heard this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv70p-dXvPg

and for some reason it totally reminded me of how I imagine Tor now.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Kat, listened to track, and before Envoy To Earth, I probably would have agreed. After - not so much. Tor seems to have come to himself quite a bit. He still seems a little socially dense, but not as re-active. The track certainly could have referred to his ...Um ... battle? with his family when they were afraid of his personality split, considering the power he held at the time. Unless that isn't what you refer to?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”