Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

YA 2nd Arc Speculation

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: YA 2nd Arc Speculation

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:17 pm

We' 'll see where Dale drops us when the new arc begins. All earth has been some what cut off off from our main focus but not completely. Although the immortals can't return, many others of the space fleet can and many others from earth could visit. Beyond that, with Tiera' s jump ships a lot of space exploration could have happened. And though I'm not sure of the exact time table, I think the unknown space fleets were due before the 10 year time frame mentioned above. There are quite a few situations that need to be expounded upon. Not stalled at all. I need more.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Nineteen years away in Slave Line, so after they can go back.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:07 am

Very well, then we are still awaiting the fleets. However, with Tiera' s jump ships they/we could have visited them to see what' s what. And the precocious Tamon has reached near adulthood. How has she turned out ? Certainly the passing years have not left the characters stagnant. Although Dale isn't one to go into much back-story, ..."Lucy,you got some esplainin' to do..."

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
whomightub3
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby whomightub3 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:13 pm

With the abilities they have, warp ships and the various field generators, they could probably colonize just about anything, not just the moon. Venus, Mars, Mercury, entire planets made from space rock, fake planets made from fields imprinted on space rock. Planet Candyland, where it rains jelly filled donuts and the rivers of scotch flow freely. Seriously, marvel comics already did something like that with the punisher's world. Let's not forget Larry Niven's the Ringworld series. I would love to see an immortal dedicate his life to the creation of a solar Niven Ring. I know he's stated in the book that the fields are temporary, which is worrisome for the lunar kingdom.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Fri May 09, 2014 7:58 pm

The field devices are temporary in the sense that 20-30 years of constant use is temporary.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat May 10, 2014 7:02 pm

A very good builder (anyone in the Lairdgren group should count, unless they are very new...) should be able to make a field that lasts about 20 years, if they work on stone and put in top effort.

The main group, Tor Tiera and Timon, should be able to push that to about 30 or so. The major Lunar resources have to be constantly refreshed by magic, so they can't lose that technology with their current structure. However, as long as they don't they should be fine. The real danger is in other places. (The danger for them is in rapidly shifting social constructs...)

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 am

"Rapidly shifting social constructs"? Now there is a red flag of warning from the man. Or a red herring of a plant to throw us off the scent. Okay, I'll bite. No money, free food, labor is the medium of exchange, and a whole bunch of strange folks from hugely differing backgrounds rubbing shoulders on the moon might make for some interesting combinations. I pity the fool that tries to make a run at Tiera for the crown, though. So maybe a parliament or other form of representative govenment will be the next step?

On a slightly related topic, anyone else about ready for the rebels to fold their tents? They have either gotten their tails handed to them in battle, died from the Gray plague or become irrelevent enough that King Richard seems to be largely ignoring them. I hoped that Gerent's little scheme to avenge...well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read envoy, but you guys get my drift. Time for Callwood and her cronies to make nice. Also, this would allow the Wards to be full redeemed and stop all this slipping around nonsense. Just my two cents.

whomightub3
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby whomightub3 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:15 am

Why would they need "a parliament or other form of representative government"? Maybe a Builders Council, but that pretty much already exists. As does the council of the Ancients. All the reasons for a representative government no longer exist up there. Maybe one day when the Lunar population is in the multi-billion area they might have a reason to slice up the moon into districts and a Council of Counts. But I can't really see the need. Or the population density ever growing more than a couple of million with her expansionist ideals. It's like Great Britain or the Danes, too many people, go colonize something.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am

I didn't say they needed one, merely that the issue might come up as so many of the former Austrans have moved to Harmony. Remember the Noram reaction to the idea of everybody in Austra getting together to vote for everything? Things seem to work well at the current population levels, but what happens when the lunar colony starts numbering in the millions? Are they going to have Counties and bring all that mess to the moon? As for the Builders and Ancients Council, they seem to be more geared for strategic matters and big picture goals. I'll be curious to see how this is handled based on Dale's comments above.

Also, as I previously mentioned, this could all be a red herring. Or an insidious ploy by the still living Gray and Cordes clones (working through Dale's computer) to distract us from the true threat. Probably that second one.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Thu May 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Hmmm, free energy and complete matter replication. Value is only in creativity and service to your fellow citizens. Personal body autonomy and removal of violent assault.

A liberal paradise...

Can't wait to see who Dale is going to get to mess this up...

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”