Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

YA 2nd Arc Speculation

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
twips182
Voracious Reader

YA 2nd Arc Speculation

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 am

We all know that Dale is currently working on some other things..But he has promised to come back and finish the stories here. We also know that there will (might) be a book or two between arcs. I thought it would be fun to speculate on what might happen in the 2nd arc. If Dale does the between arc books it will only add to the topic by causing us to lean one way or another on what we've already posted. It will also be fun to come back later as the 2nd arc progresses to see who was on and who was off. Now before anyone (Marcia/Argy) starts yelling "No Fair!" Yes I did drop off some research material for Dale last weekend.. But I can assure you that he refused (as he always does) to give me any insight into what he might be thinking as far as the story.

Oh! Sorry guys..Estrid was wearing black bike shorts and a red lycra top.

My speculation for the 2nd arc.

1. Tor goes by a different name to avoid all the hassle he would have being Tor. Should be no problem for him with his new size and looks. (obviously close friends know)
2. The Prince becomes King pretty early on in the second arc.
3. Ali falls in love with someone and after a mutual agreement Tor is on his own again.
4. Sara becomes Tor's constant companion but he doesn't marry her.
5. Maria hooks up with Tor but she doesn't know that it's him until after the deed is done.
6. Timon becomes the unseen spy master and I don't have to read about him anymore ;).
7. The Prince recalls Tor to the capital when he becomes King and Tor advises him from the shadows but lets him rule by his own choices. (This still causes friction with the new queen)
8. Trice and Timon get a divorce. :)

I'll stop there for now and look forward to your ideas and comments.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: YA 2nd Arc Speculation

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:09 am

Well, if I may, Dale intimated the next arc would take place several years beyond when the last arc left off. If so, then Richard may well be ready to relinquish the crown. Or perhaps be forced to. Since any immortals were forced off planet, chaos was probably the norm. As the ancients plan to return, a new hierarchy has to be determined. The logical leader would be Tor, however I don't see him as being a major player. I think he will beg off, citing the need to be in the background-not a leader. Maybe the advisor of the new king, Alphonse.
I'm not sure how magic has fared on earth since the ancients left, perhaps magic has proliferated to the point it has endangered the planet, or faded to the level of magic BT (before Tor). I can't see it being a flourishing enterprise during the ancients absence.something has to have gone wrong there.
The moon base has flourished, Tiera has established a power base that will allow her to lead the others with Timon and Trice as her muscle/think-tank.
I have more, but I'm being rushed now, my wife deciding it time to go. I'll jump back in when I can. Wish me luck.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Ugh you clearly hate Timon (my favorite character). You cannot dismiss the Great Unknown Factor!!!! He will come and kill more people in the 2nd arc, that is the ONLY prediction I will give.

Also I don't see any immortal being king for long regardless of who it is, just because of how the whole immortality thing and king thing works...

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Lol Hoko it wouldn't be fun if we all liked/disliked the same characters...and most of the times it's for different reasons. For instance my wife doesn't like Timon because he's indirectly responsible for one set of burnt pork chops. My son on the other hand likes Timon because he thinks it's funny when I get upset while reading about him. My daughter seems to not care one way or the other because it has nothing to do with clothes. :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Speaking of Tim and clothing, have you noticed that about every installment of Y A has Tim naked? His introduction to the royal family is in the hall - naked, he's tortured- naked. I believe the only royal to have not seen him naked is Maria, how's that for irony.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Don't fear Twips I am here to calm your fears about Tim, Trice, and Tiera taking a time out from the story! :lol:

I think the incoming fleets are more than what are bargained for and we get more heavy fighting building up. A set of sleeper suspended animation ships are heading our way! :?:

With Alphonse being immortal Queen Abby will pass and Alphonse will take out Tor's rejection of him by courting Tiera( with a little Sherri for flavor)! ;)

Tor of course will continue to be confused about how this relationship stuff works and will only be tolerated by Sara. :o

Ali realizing she has huge potential will join up with Trice and Tim to rule the new Human Galactic Empire.... :D

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh, and Smythe will freak out and try to kill Tor again. I think he has the hots for Sara....

---Taarna
Adam
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Adam » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:53 am

Any threat the incoming ships might have posed is gone with Tieras building of that jump ship with weapons. The explosive weapons work by telling atoms to move away from a point, kind of the reverse of a black hole. This means that they work on anything made of mater. If your ship isn't made of magic it has no way to defend its self from you. I can't think of anything he could do in the second arc witch means it will be a amazing thing to even see a second arc. To me the story seams pretty neatly wrapped up. I can't wate to see where he takes the story.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:10 pm

John you are a bad man and I'm taking custody of your Julie Andrews cut out doll for the time being!

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm

But not the Julie Andrews blow-up doll?

Whew..... was about to get worried....

---Taarna

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”