Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

New YA book

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: New YA book

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:45 pm

I wrote about 90,000 words of it and then realized, that while a fine enough beginning, it was a bit too slow and a little overpowered. I want to change the tone of it, which means starting over again.

Do to the fact that I think I've over sold my market for the time being, I'm not putting out a book for P.S. Power for a few months. The next thing coming out is called Ijime (Bullies) and is a literary piece, not fantasy/sci-fi. It's pretty good, I think, regardless of that. It will be out under the pen name Dan Abe.

Then I think I'm going to do up the first of the Greasepaint Chronicles, "A Fear of Clowns". That will be by Michael Press. After that I'll see how the market is doing and if enough people are ready for the next P.S. Power book. I'll have a poll, here, or something, to see what people want next, and then when they're ready for it.

*I'm planning to have the third Lament book ready soon, and to redo Garent, but I won't be releasing anything until I know that enough people are ready to read it.

** Most of you might like "A Fear of Clowns" since mystery or not, I'm planning for it to be pretty wild.

Ijime is thoughtful, soul searching and well writes. At least that's what I'm going for. It's in editing right now, still. I should have that ready for everyone to look at in a few days, here, if they want to help go over it for anything that was missed. It should be cleaner than what people are used to seeing, as far as that goes.

Sorry about not having Gerent ready this week. Other things and meta factors got in the way, and might, for a while.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 am

I'm pretty sure I just died a little inside. One of the things that kept me buying the books was the lack of months to years between releases.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 am

Fair enough Dale. Marcia your in charge of polls. Let's have a poll on who's ready for a new YA book.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 am

Twips if I make the poll now, everyone will want it now..... so we wait. ;)
Once Dale is ready, he will either do a poll himself, or ask for assistance.

I know, I know...... I want the PS Power books to continue as they were too... but since Dale is the one in charge of that we have to go by his wants and desires....... at least for awhile.... then we'll all chant LOUDLY that WE WANT YOUNG ANCIENTS! ... WE WANT YOUNG ANCIENTS! Although I enjoy all his other series very much, that is by far my favorite! :D

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 pm

I want Keeley too..... And the last Pran.... And....

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:28 pm

What I'm thinking is different than that.

What I'd like is to see that at least a few hundred people are ready and willing to purchase a given book, on a given day. Possibly for a given price, or at least in a price range.

*I'm not slowing down on writing, just working on different things and trying some new genres out, under different names.

**This could be a slowdown particular to Ghost Girl. Or it may be due to the fact that I didn't post that the new book was up on Amazon's Board, after they drove me away. (Pitchforks you know. Those things really hurt...)

What I don't want to do is put out a new, good book, that I put a lot of time and effort into, that just sits there, because no one is ready for it. (Or only a few are.) We're still not talking things taking that long, and the works will be getting done. I just want to hold the release until I know that people are ready for things, that's all.

Does that make sense? If I put things out and people buy them, but slowly, over a long time, then the rankings aren't as high, which makes it harder to get new people to see the books at all. That's the prime advertising mechanism so far, so ignoring that in order to keep to a schedule of releases might be a poor plan on my part.

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Fully understand, books like Ghost girl and Gerent are very far into the series and many people who love the series may not even be caught up enough to read it yet or even bother buying it ahead of time. Hope people start to catch up fast! I read these books all in one sitting and have read everything to date so I'm game for any new release!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”