Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only please!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
MarciaA
Global Mod

SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only please!

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Folks want to discuss the plot, the characters.. things that made an impression on them and want to share with like-minded readers... here's the place to do it. ;)

David
Voracious Reader

Re: SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only plea

Unread postby David » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:13 pm

So... With Green gone maybe Tor can get himself some Bonita again....

LOL That is so wrong...

Don't ask me where that came from, it just popped...

Anyway, is it just me or is Tiera a better builder than her brother is. She doesn't think so, but she sure as hell showed him up in that department. Although I guess she was building off of stuff he already did, still... compare her first build against a clothes dryer... She doesnt have the extra years of experience yet.

And of course, after reading you know why I think Sara is such a good pick for a book, since her job is travelling back and forth to the moon, we can get information on whats going on in both places. Plus, I like her character and want to know more.

Also one of the reasons I picked Gerent, not only just for the character, but where he ended up at the end of the arc.

I still want the Maria book though.. the third option... ;)

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:22 pm

So no immortality for Sara Debri it seems. Is that because she needs to go back and forth from earth or does Timon not want her to be?

I am sure Tor will be able to figure it out if he wants her to be.

Tiera's eidetic memory gives her a huge advantage when building, she can hold a pattern more precisely than others I think.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:23 pm

And I want a Goddess of the Moon class jumpship!

---Taarna
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Oh David, I actually laughed out loud when I read that Bonita crack!

I'd like any of those books!

Yes I also think Teira is an awesome builder!! a multi weapon off the first crack at building! I've always liked her character (not as much as Tor but that's cuz we all fell in love with his person early on) but now I like her even more. Timon too!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm not sure it's fair to compare them, all three, or four or however many. should be more, now that most all the Lairdgren group are immortal as well. The difference being their minds all work differently so to their work will differ as well. Like asking who's a better composer, John Lennon or Bach. Each has his own style and for different reasons.
Now it IS going to be fun watching who gets with who. I hope Dale doesn't change the rules too much from what we've become accustomed to with Noram morals, with the influx of multi-national / cultural people involved it'll be interesting to see what comes out of the mix.
Tiera still really needs some one special maybe Sheri will do, but it seems to me Dale implied there maybe a problem in regards to her being some kind of slave to Tiera, don't know how that'll work out

So anyway loved the book, thank you Dale. And remember no good work goes unpunished... So more please.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Things that stood out to me in this book.

1)Ali being "Fond" of Tor not really in love with him but very loyal. Also that she was far more intelligent then she lets on.

2)Sara loves Tor so much that she would Kill anybody that tried to harm him.

3)Trice and duty before anything else. We have all argued about this and I can except it.. but I still wouldn't want my best friend, lover or wife to put it before me. We all guessed this but it was nice to have it nailed down. Would still like to see her grow as a character/person to see that duty isn't all.

4)Tiera thinking about Tor and Timon and saying that Tor might be the best builder but that's about all he was..She then commented that Timon was a real person. I don't agree with this and it's just Tiera's opinion but interesting never the less.

5)Timon looking at Tor as if he was a god and living in his shadow. This makes me feel a little better about Timon (having the issue spelled out) and he moves up one point on a 10 pt scale with me. Still don't like him much as a person but understand where he's coming from a bit better.

6)Ali stating that Trice and the prince were Tors true loves and that she understood/accepted/approved of it.

7)Tiera noting that although Sara was all over Tor he didn't seem to respond the same way to her as he did to Trice and Ali.

8)Cordes coming clean and then taking his own life as punishment for his crimes.

As you can see the interactions between the various characters are the best part of the story for me. I just kind of assume that our hero's will overcome all obstacles placed in their path ;)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Also, that Tim's version of the perfect woman, at least physically, is Sara Debri.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Anybody else think Kurt Debri was a little to deviant?

---Taarna
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Yeah Ron that is interesting and it opens up all kinds of ways that the story could go. I still feel (even tho I'm angry with Trice a lot of the time) that in the long run she belongs with Tor. Even more so after Dale cleared up so many things in this book. Did you notice that after Trice gave Tim a quick hug she and Tor stared at each other a bit.

John my opinion of Kurt was that he is a mental case that needs to be kept on a tight leash.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”