Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only please!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only plea

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 pm

ACK! Dan Green! How could I forget him?! The others I've just kinda figured would all have gotten off planet, either onto a ship or the moon.

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Yea i seem to have an eye for details and since I've read every book in the series 3-5 times each I've had time to find the things I've missed. Always curious why Judith's surname went from Press to Kerry and then Printer? Guessing some typo was made at some point or maybe she changed her name? No clue!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Hey Hokonoso, help with stats for the stories? I didn't notice Judith's name changes!

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Sure I can help, also Doris started off as Dorris in the first book I do believe?

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 am

I did think about Dan for my list but I got the impression that he was not a very happy Ancient. Burks has made comments that he does not handle the immortality thing to well. I pictured him staying back to save the world, especially if he had people in Grynwen he wanted to protect. Though if Gray and Cordes could sneak onto space fleet then how hard would it have been for Dan.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 am

I was really bummed to find out Dan Green got left behind. I thought he might make a better mentor for the Young Ancients than the really old guys. The impression I got was that at around three hundred, he was starting to get jaded but still ahd insights to offer. Maybe he got out with one of the Blues.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 am

I agree with Kat. Dan was probably Green's first attempt to replace himself, but it failed miserably. He had no drive at all.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:04 am

But,... for all the reasons Kat brings up wouldn't he make an unexpected villain in the upcoming arc? By the way Kat, welcome to the forum. Your depth of insight is very evident. And appreciated.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:16 am

As to Tiera being a better builder than Tor, I'm going to have to say no. What she did was powerful, but all she did was take existing ideas and reuse them (with the exception being the new heat management system). Nearly all the innovations used in her builds were originally Tor's ideas. Original ideas, to me, is what marks a great builder. The analogy I would use is the difference between a scientist and an engineer. A scientist develops new and innovative ideas to describe the nature of the universe. An engineer takes those ideas and does something useful with them. Tiera is certainly capable of delving into the mysteries of existence, but I don't think it interests her. On the other hand, Tor lives and breathes the discipline.

Too, we don't exactly know what Tor was up to while he was with Gray and Cordes. The only thing we're sure of is the Dragon which he purposefully handicapped.

Then there's the whole locking down Cordes in his own mind with Timon. The way I took this was Tor searching his own mind for tainted neurons and Timon locking them down. I don't think Tiera could have handled either of those tasks for the length of time they did.

To the Ancients:
I think Alice Orange may be tainted with a bit of Gray. I find it highly suspicious that so much of the Space Fleet is dominated by women. Yes, Orange is distrustful of attractive men, but I can't imagine that so few men are found lacking in ability or desire to be in the space program and are too attractive for Orange to trust, especially if displaced Austrans are involved. Gray was the genetic expert and she certainly could have created a small virus to infect female ancients to gradually imprint new Rhetistics.

What about the facilities used to create the clones? While the biological entities have been destroyed and they're denied existence for at least a decade, what happens after the death field dissipates? What if a curious explorer finds one of the facilities and creates new clones? Is the death field sophisticated enough to detect the digital imprints of the Ancients?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”