Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only please!

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: SPOILERS for GOTM- for those who read the book only plea

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Kurt, hmmmm. He does seem like a class A deviant but he seems competent as a spy and now businessman, so now I'm not so sure. May be affectation or creative incompetence or just a perv.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 pm

He's a perv...
Too bad he can't hook up with Julie White.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah, Kurt needs to be removed from the gene pool. Enough said about that...

I agree with Twips on everything he said for the most part. Except I think Tor is that shallow, all he does it build, and occasionally get to sleep with all the woman that trail after, but the women have never been his focus, except for what he deemed to be "The right thing to do" according to his backwoods ways. Build/sacrifice/build/sacrifice/build/ooh, got some/build/sacrifice/build etc...

That said, it isn't really his fault, I am hoping he grows deeper in the second arc, most of the first he was either possessed by cordes or a slave. He didn't really have a choice or the time to grow out of his slave habits. His biggest victory being leaving his knighthood and opening a bakery. Oh yeah, build/sacrifice/bake... LOL Don't get me wrong, I love Tor as a character, and the sacrifices and building were for the most part, not only necessary but heroic. But I also agree with Tiera's assessment. That doesn't mean it will remain true however.

I'd also note that Tiera gave Tor an out on the Sara issue, said he was already starting to meditate before he greeted Sara, so he MAY have been more warm otherwise since a trance kills all emotions. although I never got the feeling he was more than fond anyway, he was always focused on Trice. Something I always thought a shame BTW... That is one part that Dale didn't really clear up, just left it so it could still go either way. Maybe that means he has plans there in the future, I can hope anyway.

It also figures that between Tor, Timon, Trice and Sara there are two triangles. Although in both Timon winds up unloved. How does that work? Of course, both ladies met Tor first, and are his age. So it makes sense in a painful for the characters kind of way.

But seriously, Timon needs to get his own (outside of the marriage he is stuck in.), and stop taking the leavings of the master builder.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

True, but her sister, Doris, if she lets her hair down... or now with her newly found pheromones, and Timon supplied looks, Karen.... If Dale wanted to, he could have Kurt done away with, what a way to go!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:23 pm

I agree with your assessment, David, especially about Tim. The only semi bright spot for him is Trice' s loyalty (duty). It may not be everything a real marriage should be, but Tim may find love outside. Let's hope so.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 am

I am kinda of the opinion that Trice realizes that Tor is always going to be distracted some how, either building or wanting some kind of imaginary simple life. I think she craves more attention and extravagance that she realizes Timon will be able to provide her. I would love to read the scene of the fight that Tor and Trice had when she was going to marry Timon, and where Ali stood in all that. I think that would reveal a lot more of the real desires. Trice cannot be less than impressed that Timon is actually trying to be good for her.

I have a feeling that Tiera was only giving us the raw drives but if "Duty" is Trice she will stand by Timon to the end.

Then again the immortality throws a whole monkey wrench in there. We should probably get the official tally of who has been ancientized....

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:25 am

Tess Baker
Tara Baker
Tenet Baker
Douglas Baker
Farlo Ross
Sam Builder
Mark Sorenson
Guide Eastgreen
Karen Derring
Ali Baker
Patricia Baker
Sherri Bonner
William Smythe
Judith Printer (Yep. Her too.)
Alphonse Cordes
Karina Cordes

No one Immortal gets a book between arcs. :)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 am

Just wondering Mr. Power, besides Kolb, Doris, and Alice Orange, did any of the other Old Ancients make it? Or, is that a present to be unwrapped later? I just worry about the four/ten clock-maker and Burks housekeeper ( whose names I can't recall at the moment). She was a cousin, I believe, and I'm not sure how the four/ten fit in. And on that subject, what about the three fleets coming in, Current consensus is a robot fleet, but that may only be someone's opinion.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:03 am

David I'm hoping that now that Tor is free from all the conditioning and Cordes that he will begin to develop into his own person. On a side note I'm curious about something (this is for everyone) When you read Trice's name in the book does your mind process it sounding like Tr"ice". I know its Treez but when I read it or think about her it comes out sounding the other way.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 am

I always see Trice with the "e" sound because I think of how Alphonse would have said it as a child since it was his mispronunciation that gave it to her.

The Cordes conditioning I now kinda wonder about for Tor. Mitch Cordes said he had wanted to make sure that the Cordes inside Tor was one of the good ones. Which then begs the issue of who made the bad ones? Or were they just manipulated versions that Lara made?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”