Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

hated characters

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: hated characters

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm rereading the entire series again just so it can be fresh in my mind when Tiera' s book comes out. And even the second time around I like Trice. A lot. Don't know if I like her more with Tor or Timon. Timon, now maybe, they're a better match, but first love is hard to beat for her and Tor early on.Mr. Power has really jerked my emotions around with her. Good job!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

From the Ingeoplatic dictionary. Trice: A female mammal that lies, cheats, steals and may marry your 12 year old sociopath brother if left unattended.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:37 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
steve offy
Early Reader

Unread postby steve offy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:09 pm

I really don't understand the Trice hate. Yes, she made some mistakes and some choices I don't agree with. However, most of her actions
were on behalf of her uncle, who started training her at an early age to be his spymaster and key weapon against Green. How young was she
when Richard started working to ensure her total loyalty?

steve offy
Early Reader

Unread postby steve offy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:20 pm

On the other hand, most Trice-haters seem to think Sara is a saint. She also manipulated and used Tor. She agreed to keep back Tor's gold for
his own good (even knowing he was incapable of asking about it). After the Tor/Trice break-up she ambushes him with a Trice surprise at a business meeting. She joins the military so she can continue to spy on him - knowing that he has no choice but to let her stay with him if she asks. Please note Sara was also part of the "keep someone close to Tor in case we have to kill him" plan. So, how is it Sara gets a pass and Trice is an evil witch?

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Steve, I'll take a crack at this one. These are some of the reasons I no longer like her and not in any particular order.

After Tor decided he no longer wanted to be in the kings service and the king (her boss) agreed..Trice tried to use the command lines to make him (against his will) go back to the king and ask for the titles back. (This was her own choice..no orders etc) (She even risked a fight with the princess to do it)

Trice took advantage of Tor by using the command lines whenever she wanted anything because she knew he couldn't refuse. (She was supposed to be in love with him and instead used him as she saw fit.)

Trice said she was willing to back Timon's play to take the throne if that's what he decided. (Who does that to their aunt and uncle without even trying to discuss an alternative.)

Trice made the first move trying to kill Tor while Timon was still talking to him and trying to sort it out.

When it looks like Trice is going to have to marry someone she doesn't want to what does she do? Back to the Baker boys and this time it's the 12 year old brother. (She uses people non stop)

I want to like Trice but she just isn't a very good person. Regardless of circumstance etc I think that people are still responsible for their actions and the choices they make say a lot about them.

That said I can see why some people still like her. She was there from the beginning and has done some good things but for me the scales tilt pretty heavily into the negative for her.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Steve I hear what your saying about Sara and I agree with some of it. I think there are some differences tho. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Sara learned about how Tor could be used until much later in the story. Trice was told by a Count early on and used it right away. When Tor reads Sara he finds that she actually loves him as a person. Trice loves him like a helpful pet. Sara was willing to run away and leave him even though she loved him because she didn't want to hurt him even by accident. You do have some fair points Steve and I respect your opinion.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm sure I'm going too deep on this by I think Trice is a fragile person,one that has an immense compulsion to loyalty. First to uncle Richard, then Tor, and now Timon. But always to herself. Yes, she's a user, but also willing to sacrifice herself for that loyalty. I enjoy her sardonic humor, and the dichotomy of her self entitlement vs. her sacrifice for the kingdom and her friends . Although she is a supporting character, she comes across to me as probably the most fleshed-out, complete characters in the series. As a character, I love her. As a woman , hmmm... I'd do her in a minute.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Lets be clear about something Ron...I never said I would not have sex with that woman! :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”