Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

hated characters

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
CRMorris
Intermediate Reader

Re: hated characters

Unread postby CRMorris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Dale can you please kill her off? lol. I tried reading the books "slightly" intoxicated and I do not even like her then.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:37 am

Glory be..Preach it brother Morris!

You know CR if one of the main characters has to die (aside from Timon) I would pick Trice. But then I think of the flavor she brings to the story and think I might miss her. Maybe it would be better if she stayed in the books and had to repent for her sins...just a thought.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:07 pm

I really want to defend Trice, but (sob, sigh) I don't really think she'll make it. The problem is the Tor/ Trice/ Timon relationship. Trice really loves Tor. Tor has strong feelings for Trice. Timon has great respect for Trice. But Timon wants to hurt Tor for changing him (like by sleeping with Ali at least ). Trice, being Trice, is going to sleep around. This is where the country upbringing comes into play, despite trying to act as nobles, Tim and Tor are going to have problems. A three way is NOT going to work. Rather than have constant turmoil, I think Mr. Power will move to eliminate one side of that triangle. I believe that will Be Trice. So, no Trice sandwich, as much fun as that sounds. Besides, Dale has always had it in for Trice, this is as close to happy as she's had it since the snow scene. So yeah, I think she's gone too.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:53 pm

You summed that up pretty good Ron I like the whole triangle part. If I had my way it would be Timon that gets put down..that way Trice can go back to Tor (really be sorry for once and make things right) and then we're back to the snow scene. If creepy little children of the corn Timon climbs up on Ali while Tor is gone I'm going to be pissed..If Trice helps him do it I'm going to be super pissed. Even as I type this tho I get mad at Trice again for the various things I've listed in other posts. Still tho Trice or Timon I put down Timon every time.

Credit: Children of the Corn 1984.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:28 am

The Trice helping Timon bang Ali sounds about right, doesn't it. Then Tor walks in, and in a fit of rage, starts fighting Tim. Ali backs out, as she is want to do, Trice tries to break it up, and gets put down accidentally. Could happen. But I'm sure Mr. Power has it better written and probably is smirking at us right now since we or at least I don't know what I'm talking about at all.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

It would be a four-way, you are forgetting Cordes..... :)

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
CRMorris
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby CRMorris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Ron and Twips I agree! Although, Timon at least has some excuse? Tor did mess with him. Trice on the other hand....just sucks. If Trice helps Timon with Ali I will start drop-kicking people through my reading device.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 pm

CR I think it was Cordes in control of Tor that messed with Timon but that's debatable. At the very least I think Timon needs to give Tor the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ZiggyStardust
Early Reader

Unread postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 pm

While I respect all of your opinions, I freaking love Trice and Timon... Probably two of my favorite characters. On my first re-read of the series currently... Just found this forum. Wasn't even aware it existed. What I like about Trice and Tim is how rooted in reality they are. They have flaws, but I still love them. I would have to vote for disliking Sara and Denno Brown.

"All problems in life can be solved with two simple words, PUPPY PILE!" - Anonymous
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:10 pm

I like Timon and I am fenced on Trice, although I have to admit I am leaning more toward hating.

Maybe I read it with a jaundiced eye, but I got the impression Timon would never actually do it, that he was just screwing with his brother. As in, just the idea of it alone would drive Tor crazy, a subtle revenge for Tor changing his nature. I never got the impression sleeping with Ali was a threat he would actually go through with.

Plus, I am pretty sure Ali promised not to sleep with his family, never mind the under aged one. Don't forget the only reason Timon can be with Trice is the wife thing. Ali might be easy, but I don't think she would do that to Tor OR sleep with someone underage. I could easily see her tell Trice to screw off at the idea. Leading me to...

Trice might try, but only if the king ordered her to, she has never been cruel to be cruel, just when it comes to her missions as a spy. Even if she hurts herself while doing it, if you can believe her crying jag after she pulled a doretta on Tor in the dining area. That might make her a cruel bi$%# at times, but she does love Tor and she isn't needlessly cruel. Remember, Tor checked her, that is the only real solid fact we have on Trice and her motivations.

Lastly, do you guys read the same Dale I do? He loves conflict for his characters, why would he want to write a solution for a deliciously painful triangle? That doesn't make a bit of sense to me at all, not when he can keep making them suffer another dozen books ;).

That isn't criticism by the way, its what makes his stories so damn good. I wont say I can't be wrong, obviously only Dale knows, but I just don't see it.

Anyway... My two cents.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”