Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

hated characters

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Re: hated characters

Unread postby Hokonoso » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 am

Don't hate any characters in this series really. I find Grey to be extremely annoying but that is because of her one-sided mindset and not really anything else. I mean c'mon, that world was dying, killing off 98% of the population would actually be a good thing in the mind of a 3000 year old crazy fembot, so I can't really fault her for that. Now for characters I love, I really love Timon and Cordes Mitchell, now that guy was a super spy, he was there for YEARS and no one noticed! Even Sara failed many times in her spying and Trice was a failed spy, if it wasnt for Tiera and Timon she would have simply died a long time ago...

Only thing that kills is having 3000 year old people who can get over lost loves but can't forgive and forget past wrongs from their siblings? I call shenanigans!

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 am

Performing a bit of thread necromancy here, but since I just started reading this series 2 weeks ago, I think it's fair:

I think many of the Trice haters are forgetting that she's as much a slave to her genetics as Tor. Yes, she did a lot of bad things at the behest of powers over her, but we're led to believe that she doesn't really view him as a full person. From one of the last scenes in Ancient Kings we see into Richard's mind when even after the conversation explaining everything he still has the stray thought of thinking of Tor as a "pretty peasant" toy for his wife. It's not that much of a leap in logic to think Trice has similar issues. It's clear they're at least TRYING to fight it.

Yes, Trice did a lot of unpleasant things after being ordered to do so, but Tor did get a sense of love after reading her field a few times. Was it a romantic love? Plutonic love? The love one has for a cherished possession? We'll likely never know (I just started book 11, so maybe it's explained later).

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Well Ryan, first, welcome to pro-Trice; second, I'm not sure it will ever be put to bed. The Trice Controversy. Dale hasn't seen fit to settle it for all time, however, by book 15 it's only smoldering. Not a real plot point, but it could become one without much effort. Don't know if Dale left it as such on purpose, but it's still there.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”