Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Terlee Book

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
H. Cohen
Early Reader

Terlee Book

Unread postby H. Cohen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Dale, it would be my hope that you would consider doing a Terlee centric book and made use of her unique talents to assist in the Smythe investigation into the sordid activities of Lillith Degray.

Smythe was given the needed time for a thorough investigation.

“You want a full investigation done in a single month? On a theft ring like this? Trafficking in slaves? It could take a lot longer than that.

Ambassador (The Young Ancients) (Kindle Locations 4904-4905).

Terlee was at Debbie’s bakery in the capital just before Ali revealed her true identity as Gretchen Derring. Its possible that Ali didn’t run away, but was sold.

If Terlee were involved in Smyth’s investigation of slave trafficking, there could be an added dimension to Terlee’s relationship with Sorlee . It is possible that spying on Tor was really just a cover for whatever else Sorlee hoped to uncover at the House at Wildlands and would explain Sorlee’s insistence to continue to work at the House even after Tor paid off Sorlee’s family’s supposed “debt.” Sorlee being part of such an investigation would also give additional incentive for becoming a transport pilot, and provide a reason for going all over the kingdom.

If Terlee were involved in Smyth’s investigation of slave trafficking, it would further explain Terlee’s presence at the palace meeting which erupted into a fight with rebel military leaders and gives added meaning to the king's “plots within plots.”

Terlee went wide eyed as he [Timon] did it and looked scared. It was a subtle thing, but she let her own hand move toward her bag then. It occurred to Tim that his sister was probably there for two reasons. The first was just to make this look like it wasn't an attack. A bit of subtle diplomacy, since she was small and attractive, therefore not likely to be thought of as a threat to the big military men. The other reason was that she didn't go anywhere at all without a very good shield and, or so it seemed, weapons. Even he was probably there for a similar reason. Political distraction. "We've uncovered plots within plots in the last few days. Two of which are most troubling to me.

The Dark Half of the Sun (The Young Ancients: Timon) (Kindle Locations 6831-6837).

It would also put the folowing passage in a potential different light:

His [Tor’s] sister raised an eyebrow, managing to look almost stately about it, but didn't say anything else. They [Terlee and Alphonse] left him at the side door, his friend and sister moving off together before he even got outside, saying they'd see him at his house at nine, that being the traditional time for dinner in the Capital. What they had planned together he didn't know, but they were giving each other strange looks. Ones that spoke of something other than sneaking off together to ruin some marriage vows.

Slave Line (The Young Ancients) (Kindle Locations 1477-1481).

This Terlee centric book could also shed more light on the deaths of Count Thompson’s father and Holly Pinter’s father two real "prizes" who were presumably done in by the Guild.

Remember the observation during Trice and Timon’s “honeymoon:”

Printer wasn't a horrible place, but it was a port city and thrived due to its shipping and willingness to look the other way when it came to several kinds of infractions. Slavery for instance. It was technically forbidden in the kingdom, but Timon had heard rumors about what some nobles did in their own territories.

Lord of the Sky (The Young Ancients: Timon) (Kindle Locations 4562-4564).

It would be my hope that such a book centering on Terlee would also resolve the Rico Gala and Baron Rochester plot threads, unless the final installment in the first arc has already done that. Rochester was the guy Tor dueled and beat to death with his bare hands.

Finally, having been an avid fan since shortly after you began your Amazon endeavor, I note that this is the time of year that you perfer to write about something dark, hopefully as a therapeutic outlet.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Terlee Book

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Harland!

The current book, which was originally titles (working title only) Rain of Sorrows... Is remarkably upbeat and, if not happy, at least not as dark as all that, so far. (I'm probably going to change that here, in the last bit of the book however. Or at least properly threaten too.)

As for the next books, well, I suggest that everyone wait for this one to come out first. A lot of changes are coming to Noram and the world. Some of the characters...

*That said, I'm not killing Terlee, that I know of. I love the idea, but...

And now I can't say any more, without giving away vast spoilers on the book!

Arg!

No...

Arrrg!

:)

On the good side, things like slavery and human trafficking will be getting worse int he coming years, not better, so that kind of thing is actually a good potential plot point!

I... Really can't say more without giving things away!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:42 pm

We're all anxiously awaiting the announcement that the pre-read is ready..... *sigh*

Dale was busy all weekend helping neighbors with a wedding, cooking! I always figured he could cook well, since he's able to write about it so graphically. Makes me hungry sometimes.

So everyone be patient... and that includes me.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 pm

As long as he doesn't quit writing to open a bakery I'm a happy camper...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 am

No, but I do have a cookbook planned. (half seriously.)

Also, the Noram book of Manners. :)

CRMorris
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby CRMorris » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:16 pm

The Book of Manners....now that has to be a thick book.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Not all that bad. I won't bring it out unless the Young Ancients gets really big though. Maybe after the movie or television series takes off?

:)

TAPalmer
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby TAPalmer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Perhaps to replace Game of Thrones when G.R.R.M. (continues) to fail writing the next book? :x

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Eh... Well, I don't think that G.R.R. Martin is really half as slow as people want to think he is. I believe that his writing speed has a whole lot to do with the success of his current series. It's consistent. The bigger a series gets, the slower it becomes.

It isn't always about a "lazy author" though. Sometimes it's about a plan that the publisher has to make more money for less work.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”